aberdeen-music

Lying to your rents...

Guest Salty

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pffftt...I told the odd white lie to my folks to keep my nose clean...but would usually own up in the end....I don't think my parents knew half of what I got up to when I was young, although they always trusted the company I was with to look out for me...but I mean...being a parent now, I am absolutely dreading the day my kids grow up to be that age, if I thought my parents were strict..man are my kids in for a shock!!!! :D

Originally posted by Tam o' Shantie:

i guess I don't understand this shit because i never tried to go out drinking when i was 14! I didn't start drinking really till i was 16/17 and certainly didn't go out drinking in town till about 17!

:O

hehe. my fathers pritty kewl when it comes to drink. i became his drinking partner when i was about 12/13 ish. it didn't take alot for me to get drunk then. hmm. still doesn't. :s lol. but it's taught me alot. i can normaly controle my drink. unless i'm at home then i go nuts and always end up in my bed pritty early :o hehe. however. apart from the drinking there just my 'rents. we all bug each other. and waddle through life. it has it's ups and down's. but i've only walked out once to date. so i'm pritty pleased with them. (ahhh. don't tell them that tho. )

12/13-dispicable!! :p

I hope i don't come across as nasty but if you did not want anyone to give you the truth in why your parents are doing this your probably shouldn't have posted this thread. Nobody knew about your family problems so you should not have brought that up either - wasn't really fair. And to hate someone because they knew nothing about it is also pretty harsh.

This thread seems more for a "journal" or something along the lines...just my opinion prob made no sense but heyho :D

I've been drinking at home, in moderation (i.e. an occasional beer or glass of wine) with my parents since I was about 13. Personally, in that sort of controlled environment, I think this could teach a lot of kids to moderate.

It also meant I never really felt the need to go out get pissed underage, as I was being allowed to drink on occasion at home.

God damn it...I wish I could be as cool as to call someone a "cunt" for not agreeing with my opinion. I wish I could also be as cool as to want to rebel against my parents, just cos, you know, it's the done thing these days. I wish I could be as cool as to hate people for calling me a spoilt ignorant little shit without knowing my whole little sob story.

Salty, it sucks that your parents lied to you, but since when did two wrongs make a right? Plus, I suspect your parents didn't so much lie to you as protect you from the truth. Perhaps they felt you were too young to know about death. They were only acting in your best interests, I suspect. You, however, lied to them because you wanted to evade their protection - not cool.

Sadly, I am just uncool.

Guest highroller
Originally posted by Queen Kong:

I feel like such an old grandmother in situations like this. I don't understand why people as young as 13 or 14 want to go out drinking, smoking, having sex, etc and get pissed off when their parents won't let them. There's a legal age on certain activities for a reason. Parents don't let their kids do certain activities for a reason. They care.

If your mum or dad won't let you go out drinking and having sex at 14/15/16/whatever, there's gonna be a damn good reason for it. Parents want their children to grow up in te best way possible - to gain independence and experience but in a responsible manner. They have a responsibility to do so.

If you're pissed off at them for carrying out that responsibility and trying to protect and look after you, then so be it, but don't go taking it out on them when they get annoyed that you've gone against their express orders, lied to them and deceived them when all they wanted to do was to keep your best interests in mind.

There's a time, a place and a reason for everything. Fucking deal with it.

what a superb post!

Guest sludge
Originally posted by Mo-Ha:

:O

hehe. my fathers pritty kewl when it comes to drink. i became his drinking partner when i was about 12/13 ish. it didn't take alot for me to get drunk then. hmm. still doesn't. :s lol. but it's taught me alot. i can normaly controle my drink. unless i'm at home then i go nuts and always end up in my bed pritty early :o hehe. however. apart from the drinking there just my 'rents. we all bug each other. and waddle through life. it has it's ups and down's. but i've only walked out once to date. so i'm pritty pleased with them. (ahhh. don't tell them that tho. )

handle your drink? shite.

Guest sludge

salty you made three mistakes....

1. getting involved in an argument thats clearly going nowhere.

2. left yourself open for insults.

3. lost the argument and tried to gain some dignity back.

just a tip if you get involved with anyone else.

alternatively turn off your computer,sit infront of the tv and scratch yourself all day. you may need sticky back plastic and a hand from a grown up.

Wow, scandal!

This has turned into a real good read, and very good points being made.

I totally agree with Heather on this one. Your (Salty, if you're still reading this) parents probably didn't want to tell you truth before they thought you could handle it. I have cousins aged 17 and 14 who are adopted, and things like that, along with death, are just not things you'd want to tell kids about in fear of hurting them. My cousin who's 17 treats my auntie like shit, despite her giving him a great childhood which he wouldn't have had if he was still in a children's home. And I believe the problems he now causes is because he was told when he was about 12/13 that he was adopted.

Guest Salty
Originally posted by Queen Kong:

God damn it...I wish I could be as cool as to call someone a "cunt" for not agreeing with my opinion. I wish I could also be as cool as to want to rebel against my parents, just cos, you know, it's the done thing these days. I wish I could be as cool as to hate people for calling me a spoilt ignorant little shit without knowing my whole little sob story.

Salty, it sucks that your parents lied to you, but since when did two wrongs make a right? Plus, I suspect your parents didn't so much lie to you as protect you from the truth. Perhaps they felt you were too young to know about death. They were only acting in your best interests, I suspect. You, however, lied to them because you wanted to evade their protection - not cool.

Sadly, I am just uncool.

Your not uncool, your just sensible unlike me. Im not cool for what ive done, its just stupid.

Guest Salty

I agree it has been fun to read and i no its sad but i actually enjoy i little argument, god i need help. I dont care what people think of me now, ive never cared. And if anyones wondering i dont randomly hate ash for disagreeing with me.

Reading some of the posts, some people know how to point out my mistakes without being nasty but some who i shall not name are just really weird trying to tell me how live my life. I wont do what people ive never even met tell me.