aberdeen-music

filth launches on 27th Oct with The View and Wasted Little DJ's

filth

The View are simply a cheap copy of the Libertines, like The Pigeon Detectives, Enemy, Holloways, Good Shoes (could go on and on). They were ok for a bit but now they're just annoying. I did see them supporting Babyshambles at Barrowlands a year or two ago and it was a pretty decent show. I think that had more to do with the venue though. I wish Aberdeen had a venue like Barrowlands

saturday nights in moshulu is now Adventures in Stereo night.

its basically an indie / electro night with cheap drinks promos, free entry before midnight (or free completely if you PM me for guestlist) and live visuals.

you should come down and see what you think, is caused a bit of controversy with the old crowd (which i can understand why as its nothing like air guitar at all). but its had 500 plus people in since it started so must be doing something right.

here is the first nights playlist:

Myspace.com Blogs:adventuresinstereoclubnight MySpace Blog

and your likely to hear....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

arcade fire :! ! !: david bowie : new order: television: the velvet underground : the smiths : lcd soundsystem : the rapture : kings of leon : the strokes : adam green : lemonheads : lou reed : bob dylan : johnny cash : maximo park : futureheads : the rakes : mighty boosh music: iggy pop : the stooges : the clash : pixeltan : the kitchen cynics : joy division : dfa records : goldfrapp : love : nick drake : chemical brothers : sebAstian : primal scream : talking heads : dfa1979 : interpol : bright eyes : kasabian : jackson and his computer band : sue jorge : soulwax : erol alkan : datarock : radiohead : neil young : my morning jacket : blur : bloc party : air : the band : beach boys : the who : rolling stones : supper furry animals : the beatles : the zombies : pixies : editors : go team : the flaming lips : belle and sebastian : the kinks : simple kid : pink floyd : led zeppelin : bonnie prince billy : modest mouse: frightened rabbit : franz ferdinand : digitalism : sunshine underground : electric prunes : the cure : ed banger records : klaxons : css : devo : brmc : tapes and tapes: the little ones : we are scientists : MSTRKRFT : clap your hands say yeah : paul simon : peter, bjorn and john : justice : hot chip : walkmen : R.E. M : spankrock : cut copy : daft punk : the shins : midlake : bat for lashes : yeah yeah yeahs : the strokes : clor : jimi hendrix : the libertines : the beta band : sons and daughters : 2 many djs: the sonics : diplo : beastie boys : rage against the machine : muse : gang of four : band of horses : micheal jackson : tom vek : simian mobile disco : queens of the stone age : mystery jets : grinderman : idlewild : the cribs : shitdisco : mr oizo : mc5 : fujiya myagi : james brown ......................the list goes on and on......

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds pretty good actually, I'll have to check itout. I've been giving Moshulu a wide berth on Saturdays cos I thought it was still that bloody awful Air Guitar night.

Update regarding Saturday......

Those kind folks at Moshulu have sorted it so the entry fee is now only 5 on Saturday and the party will now be in conjunction with their regular Adventures In Stereo Saturday night club night!

Thats right, your now getting The View & the Wasted Little Dj's with the Adventures in Stereo residents for only a fiver!

Everyone that has bought an advance ticket online will be refunded the difference on the door!

This is going to be a busy night and the Wasted Little DJ's are kicking the night off at 11 so we recommend you get there early!

there was a wee bit of bother on saturday but nothing that the moshulu staff/ doorstaff couldnt and didnt handle,

police were called to the venue but not sure of the outcome apart from that it was dealt with.

it was all taken care of tho im sure and id imagine the people there still had fun despite the blip.

normal AIS setup resumes this saturday

10.30pm - 3am - 4 entry

and

+ normal guestlist / free before 12

+ live visuals

+ very different playlist ,

the view / wldjs playlist is in no way an example of an average AIS playlist / night.

see here for a more accurate one:

Myspace.com Blogs - night 1 - playlist - 15th Sept 2007 - ADVENTURES IN STEREO - club night MySpace Blog

there was a wee bit of bother on saturday but nothing that the moshulu staff/ doorstaff couldnt and didnt handle,

police were called to the venue but not sure of the outcome apart from that it was dealt with.

it was all taken care of tho im sure and id imagine the people there still had fun despite the blip.

normal AIS setup resumes this saturday

10.30pm - 3am - 4 entry

and

+ normal guestlist / free before 12

+ live visuals

+ very different playlist ,

the view / wldjs playlist is in no way an example of an average AIS playlist / night.

see here for a more accurate one:

Myspace.com Blogs - night 1 - playlist - 15th Sept 2007 - ADVENTURES IN STEREO - club night MySpace Blog

Cool. Knew that story would have suffered the chinese wisper effect.

Heard it was a good fun night tho.

I believe yourself and some of the other L.Ks were representing well on the drunk front too?

Cool. Knew that story would have suffered the chinese wisper effect.

Heard it was a good fun night tho.

I believe yourself and some of the other L.Ks were representing well on the drunk front too?

well, ill tell you when i see you about the whispers and if their true but to be honest i missed all the fechting and carnage as i was DJing or milling about in the venue (nice to have an hour off at 1am for a change - you actually get to TALK to people! - i normally see no-one!)

and yeah, i may have made a night of it with a drink or three but i was dignified and respectfully behaved.

I suppose the lesson here is "don't fuck with the formula". Are there going to be more guest DJs on Saturday nights, or was this just a one-off?

not really, well maybe get people we like to do bits and bobs here and there and maybe book some specific guests in future

(for example, Captain have asked to DJ when they play here in November and weve given them an hour because they run a club night in london and CAN DJ so its not a problem, could be pretty cool)

saturday was an outside hire of the venue, as i say , normal service resumes this weekend with me as Resident DJ

(apart from when i need a night off in which case itll be my brother or Patrick from Right Hand Left who are more than up to the task of covering me)

I don't really know an 'official' account of what went on. Some other members of staff and some doorstaff told me what happened, in their own words, so I wouldn't go about posting it as fact on a forum. All I know for definate is that something kicked off, and the police were still going about the club an hour after closing, watching cctv and talking to the GM, so I'm sure they're looking into it.

To be honest, I didn't really notice, I'm in a different room when drama happens. I went to the toilet at one point and thought to myself "that guy from The View looks remarkably like Steven Milne...." before I was told what was going on.

Was there anything about it in the papers on Monday? I meant to look.

Oh a totally seperate note, Exodus don't sell bottles of wine anymore! I don't think the licencing board were too chuffed with it. Gutted.

I don't really know an 'official' account of what went on. Some other members of staff and some doorstaff told me what happened, in their own words, so I wouldn't go about posting it as fact on a forum. All I know for definate is that something kicked off, and the police were still going about the club an hour after closing, watching cctv and talking to the GM, so I'm sure they're looking into it.

To be honest, I didn't really notice, I'm in a different room when drama happens. I went to the toilet at one point and thought to myself "that guy from The View looks remarkably like Steven Milne...." before I was told what was going on.

Was there anything about it in the papers on Monday? I meant to look.

Oh a totally seperate note, Exodus don't sell bottles of wine anymore! I don't think the licencing board were too chuffed with it. Gutted.

yeah, i dont really know either, i think its been blown up because of who involved , i think it was just a scrap that got stopped and thats about it. but as i say i missed it all.

im gutted about the view comparision, surely not the singer guy?

he looks about 12, but then maybe so do i. maybe ill use it to pull in dundee! kidding.

didnt see anything in the paper either,but i didnt properly look.

do exodus still sell that jaques stuff? it gets you hammered

yeah, i dont really know either, i think its been blown up because of who involved , i think it was just a scrap that got stopped and thats about it. but as i say i missed it all.

im gutted about the view comparision, surely not the singer guy?

he looks about 12, but then maybe so do i. maybe ill use it to pull in dundee! kidding.

didnt see anything in the paper either,but i didnt properly look.

do exodus still sell that jaques stuff? it gets you hammered

Ha, nah you don't look like him. I was just walking up the stairs and looked over expecting to see the View. I had a moment of confusion when my brain was going "The View are supposed to be there... But that's Steven... or maybe it is The View, I'm not entirely sure what they look like... Oh. Everything's probably just gone tits up. Ah well."

Ha, nah you don't look like him. I was just walking up the stairs and looked over expecting to see the View. I had a moment of confusion when my brain was going "The View are supposed to be there... But that's Steven... or maybe it is The View, I'm not entirely sure what they look like... Oh. Everything's probably just gone tits up. Ah well."

ahhhhhh, got you!

i am slow

sorry