aberdeen-music

Rob Zombie's Halloween!

Brymon

What a fuckin waste of time!! I Love the Original Halloween and when i heard about Rob Zombie doin a remake (I love 1000 corpses and Devils Rejects) i got very excited. I wish i didn't.

I mean the whole family scene at the start, ok this maybe to show a dysfunctional family affecting a young boy, but did we really need to be so offensive!! Dont get my wrong im not easily offened and i wasn't so much offended by the content of the conversations, but more of the low that was stooped to bring a classic movie up to date!!!

It wasn't scary, it wasn't gory

Although we saw some tits and Sheri Zombies dance were the only real good points i could take from this movie!!

It was nearly as bad as the House of Wax remake, but dont get me wrong i've liked some remakes, most notably Hills have Eyes and Black Christmas!

All i can say is keep to your own stuff, and leave the old classics alone Zombie!!

:down:

Anyone else seen it?

I saw it last night. I thought it was an utter waste of time as well. Didn't improve on the original in any way at all. Just.... pointless. And I love Rob Zombie a lot. Not so much dissapointed as thinking "after he made all this did he really think there was any point?" I just can't see it. It's not as if he was attempting to rebuff an old film and make a "2007" extra scary version - it was just like the original!

The clown mask was the highlight for me, along with his subtle rock references (Kiss T - Shirt, Misfits version of "Halloween" etc.)

Never mind, Rob is a genius and I'm sure he'll make an ace, brand new film soon as good as House of 1,000 Corpses soon. Just not another remake, eh?!!!!!!!!!

I haven't seen it and I am sickened that anyone would remake such a classic. The remake of Texas Chainsaw Massacre was awful, then The Hills Have Eyes was remade and wasn't even that different from the original, now Rob Zombie's gone and taken one of the all time greatest horror movies and rehashed it - how unoriginal. What's with all the remakes recently? They really make my blood boil.

Next on the remake list by the way is The Birds and Friday The 13th. X(

What's next? Jaws? Star Wars? Grrrrrrr........

Is this a substantiated claim? I severely hope not...

I read it in Empire, this is on Wiki.

"According to Hollywood Reporter[1], a 2009 remake of The Birds is in the works, rumoured to star Naomi Watts.[2] The story will be based on the original short story by Daphne du Maurier, while the screenplay is being written by Juliet Snowden and Stiles White. The producers are Michael Bay, Andrew Form and Brad Fuller. IMDb Profile

It had been reported the film would have a release date of July 3, 2009. However, producer Brad Fuller discounted that report in an interview with The Trades[3]."

Personally I'm more outraged about the remake of Friday the 13th. Why mess with classics? So young people see the new one and never bother finding out about the originals of these great movies that are being ripped off? It's an offense to film geeks everywhere!!! The amount of people I know that have never seen the original Texas Chain Saw Massacre, and refer to that.... thing.... from a few years ago as "The Texas Chain Saw Massacre" - when of course it should be rightfully called "that shit remake of The Texas Chain Saw Massacre".

Rob Zombie billed it as a "Re imagining" of the first film. I'm going to see it tonight so I'll give my impressions tomorrow.

re-imagining, remake, still doesn't take away the fact that it pish!!! Although is not all remakes a re-imagining? Between old horrors and great asian movies being "re-imagined" it is like Hollywood just don't have any decent original ideas!!!!

Right went in to see this last night. The original is one of my favorite films, and I loved house of 100 Corpses and the devils rejects. With that out the way this film was bloody awful on many levels.

As a re- imagining it didn't work. The original told you more about Myers in it's first 10 mins than this film did in the first hour. Attempts to flesh out the character of Michael were clumsy and the whole drunken/abusive father angle was just a cop out.

The script was very bad and showed none of the flair that Zombie's previous movies had. On top of that the pacing was awful with the start and end seemingly lasting for an age, with hardly any middle.

The character of Laurie was painfully paper thin, and there was no development of her. There was some attempts to recreate some of the key scenes of the 70's version but they felt clumsy.

The only redeaming factors were a couple of good cameos and Malcolm McDowell who put in a very good performance despite the material.

Couldn't bring myself to go and see it, the original is one of my all time favourites and Jamie Lee Curtis is just so nibbleable. :popcorn:

Not a big fan of remakes in general, especially on classic films though just occasionally one does hit the spot. I know it had mixed reviews but I actually prefer the remake of Dawn Of The Dead even though originally I was aghast that they were doing it. I also really like the new version of King Kong even if it is a bit long.

Anyone know if any of the Simon Green or David Gemmel books are getting the hollywood treatment?

I was surpised how well the Hogfather turned out though and looking forward to The Colour Of Magic.