aberdeen-music

Rush at SECC 3rd October

David B

Great night.

6 songs from the new album. Better live than on the CD I think.

Some interesting oldies, such as Bangkok, Entre Nous, Circumstances, Natural Science and Witch Hunt.

As well as the classics such as Tom Sawyer (classic South Park video intro), Dreamline, Subdivisions, Spirit of Radio.

Interesting intro at the start. Alex played the intro from Limelight before the band even got to the stage. Then started again once they made it to the stage. He may have got a wee bit carried away with the video intro which featured a strange looking scotsman.

Good solos from all 3. Geddy has never played better.

Once again I feel old.

First saw them at Ingliston in 1983. Gary (aka wog - am I allowed to say this?) ran a bus from Peterhead.

Next gig for me - Lizzy/Queensryche. Kids coming to this one. 9 year old daughter wants to go as a "rock chick". Whatever that means!

Definately not showing their ages judging by the performance they gave. The Neal Peart solo was one of the best I've heard, especially the jazzy section. A near perfect performance with a nice compliment of clever animations, flames and green lasers. I think they were even better than on the R30 tour :up:

I also noticed that Geddy played a fantastic "twiddly bit" during Digital Man.

It certainly was not part of the original song. He was obviously showboating but when you're that good - go ahead and do it.

I've been watching the "south park" intro on Youtube. Very funny. Great intro to their best song.

Definately not showing their ages judging by the performance they gave. The Neal Peart solo was one of the best I've heard, especially the jazzy section. A near perfect performance with a nice compliment of clever animations, flames and green lasers. I think they were even better than on the R30 tour :up:

He is a great drummer, not a bad writer either. Did Geddy have the tumble-dryers on stage?

Man, I'm showing my age here, but I bought the first album 'Rush' when it first came out after seeing them in a small club in upstate New York. *Gack*, that was like, 1976? I think I still have the vinyl. Can't believe I missed this one.

No tumble dryers this time.

Just 3 giant ovens roasting chickens and a chef attending to them at one point during the gig.

All barking mad I think.

Seemed to be a slightly younger crowd than the R30 tour. Perhaps we are in the midst of a Rush renaissance.

Hope the tour is released on video. It will be a cracker.

No tumble dryers this time.

Just 3 giant ovens roasting chickens and a chef attending to them at one point during the gig.

All barking mad I think.

Seemed to be a slightly younger crowd than the R30 tour. Perhaps we are in the midst of a Rush renaissance.

Hope the tour is released on video. It will be a cracker.

I hope it is too just to see the roasting chickens on stage!