aberdeen-music

[GIG] Gravenhurst + Kartta + No Paseran @ Snafu

it is with great regret and 0 joy that i announce tonights Gravenhurst show is to be postponed. (support bands still playing).

I received a call last night from their manager to warn me they may have to cancel due to sickness and that they would contact me in the morning to let me know.

they have called and.....its not happening im afraid.

Just had a phonecall around an hour ago, the band cancelled two gigs last week and after managing to do the last two shows have cancelled tonight in aberdeen, tomorrow in glasgow and the date after.

Apparently the band picked up a bug on tour which at first struck down two of the members (with vomiting and sickness), they recovered after cancelling two dates, played two dates, before the tour manager got it (was apparently driving and was sick suddently over wheel no less! ) and now the singer is returning home as we speak ill with it.

so basically, theyre really ill!

And we are looking at December for a rescheduled dater after they complete their European Tour.

Anyway,

Tickets can be refunded through Ticketweb for those bought online,

Im not sure how it works at One Up - ill get back to you on that-

and tickets for this gig will be valid for the next show.

Which as I said I am already in talks about rescheduling.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

DHC will carry on as normal - sickness free- with Kartta and No Pasaran.

It will be 3 or FREE for Gravenhurst ticket holders

muchos apologies but its out of mine and snafus hands

x

so what did everyone make of karttas 1st gig back?

i liked it a lot, henri is still my fave and potentially id go as far as say a , whisper it, a potential "single"?

no pasaran - 1st time id seen them live and was much impressed, harmonies were amazing

gravenhurst is looking to be a rescheduled date in december,

watch this space

Guest idol_wild
so what did everyone make of karttas 1st gig back?

i liked it a lot, henri is still my fave and potentially id go as far as say a , whisper it, a potential "single"?

no pasaran - 1st time id seen them live and was much impressed, harmonies were amazing

gravenhurst is looking to be a rescheduled date in december,

watch this space

It was a bit surreal last night, what with a new drummer and a guitarist down. We didn't play especially well, but Ali did a good job on drums, so I'm happy for him. Hopefully Dave will be suitably practiced for our next show - I, for one, missed his noise onstage.

We got some very nice comments afterwards, for some reason. Which was nice.

No Pasaran were great. Their mix was the best I've heard for them so far, so hats off to Mr. Christie for that.

The gig went surprisingly well at the end of the day. It was the first time we'd played Snafu, so it was a bit different, but everything sounded great on stage.

The Kartta boys put on another superb show, especially considering that they had one brand new band member and one missing. The new version of "Crazy Years" is lovely!

Thanks to everyone who came down to see us all play anyway, despite the lack of a main attraction.

Guest bluesxman

I also thought No Pasaran were very good, nice sparse arrangements underpinned by some really nice bass lines, a good example of how sometimes less is more.

I saw the girl sing solo in Kilau a while back, she is very good.