[GIG] Gravenhurst + Kartta + No Paseran @ Snafu

hey guys

REALLY EXCITED ABOUT THIS ONE!!!!!!!!!!

GRAVENHURST

support from KARTTA , NO PASERAN

------------------------------------------------------------------------

GRAVENHURST

www.myspace.com/gravenhurst

Warp records singings make return to Aberdeen after their last show was at Trypitch way back!

Actually cant wait, these guys are awesome,

The band have a new album coming out, check out the press reaction:

"A masterpiece Notice it now, or wait until people start hailing it as a lost classic in a decade's time." 8/10 NME

"There's no question about it, Gravenhurst have made one of the finest albums of the year." NME

"Gorgeous, melancholy English psychedelia This is, simply, beautiful music." THE GUARDIAN

"Impressive" MOJO

"Intensely compelling" THE SUNDAY TELEGRAPH

"Gravenhurst make beautiful music" INDEPENDENT ON SUNDAY

"Just solid gold songs TIME OUT

"Enjoy listening to this album in full, over and over again" CLASH

and thats just a few of what i got sent!

KARTTA

Kartta is a band. And they are obsessed with: volume, rhythm, atmosphere, and melody.

For fans of : Broken Social Scene, Interpol, Sigur Ros and the like!

One of Aberdeens Finest musical combos, doing something very different to what everyone else is doing, which can only be a good thing

additional support from NO PASERAN

10pm

Hopefully not stripped down...all that pasty flesh!!!

Don't want to miss this...I like Kartta and No Pasaran, plus I've 'Black holes in the sand' and 'Flashlight Seasons' by Gravenhurst ('The Diver' is one of my favourite songs, so I was annoyed I missed them last time....think I had a gig the same night or something).

Guest idol_wild
Will this be proper Kartta or strippped down Kartta?

Proper. New drummer, Ali, will be playing his first show for us. We'll have two new songs and a rearrangement of "Crazy Years", too.

And while I'm here, we've just added two live tracks to our space which were recorded with our previous drummer, Martin, at The Moorings bar a couple of months ago. "She Bought A Car To Trash" and "RMTC" are the live ones.

MySpace.com - Kartta - Aberdeen, UK - Shoegaze / Post punk / Melodramatic Popular Song - www.myspace.com/karttamusic

Guest idol_wild
we could be a little rusty but it'll be worth coming to for no pasaran and gravenhurst! should be a great night indeed!

Only you will be rusty; the rest of us actually go to practices! :gringo:

You know I love you really. :up:

i would second claire fus reccomendaion of getting tickets in advance!

time wise its looking to be : (roughly)

10.15pm - no pasaran

10.45pm - karrta

11.30pm - gravenhurst

----------------------------------------------

people should also look into advance tickets for other big nights too

other really cool dhc nights coming up!

the brunttes on the 8th of november!

the dhc 2nd bday gig is upcoming (january 31st) with a really good headline band that we can really speak of yet! but theyre awesome and en route to bigger things very soon!

the dhc xmas party (20th)! fancy dress optional and maye a good laugh!

---------------------------------------------

sorry ill stop plugging now!

Guest idol_wild
Are there no tickets on sale at One Up at all?

There definitely was at the very least.

I'm sure they'd still have. Though they apparently had to re-order twice, so I dunno...

i know that the postage and booking fees may seem a bit steep, however all ticket operators do charge this and there is nothing we can do about it other than recommend that you either check out one-up or turn up in time for the doors opening at 10pm and possibly face queing for a bit to get in.

obviously bigger bands and guests cost us a bit more to get up here and put on - hence the more expensive door charge.

i know that the postage and booking fees may seem a bit steep, however all ticket operators do charge this and there is nothing we can do about it other than recommend that you either check out one-up or turn up in time for the doors opening at 10pm and possibly face queing for a bit to get in.

obviously bigger bands and guests cost us a bit more to get up here and put on - hence the more expensive door charge.

To be honest, if it said 7.50 a ticket, I wouldn't care. But to pay a 50% surchase just for the priviledge of not queueing or having to take a trip down town to get a ticket is annoying.

as i said already, there is nothing we can do about the charges incurred by ordering tickets through a ticket operator... i guess if you do have a problem with charges then you should speak to the operators directly as it is a standard fee...

as the event is only a few days away, the only option is to collect the ticket on the night, and with this option the charge is only 1 not 2.50. you get to skip the queue as well when collecting your ticket.

hope that clears things up.