aberdeen-music

One for the Hetfield fanboys (me :D)

HateEvent

If you want one of these you better move fast, they only make a couple of hundred of these "Guitars of the Week". I'm going to stick my neck out and predict that this one will be something of a collectors item and will go up in value considerably.

400 to be made.

Point taken - some of the original 84s were rosewood. I'm being presumptious :D

The thing is, I know how these things work, and even if they release it as a regular production model afterwards, everyone will be going on about how the new ones aren't as good as the guitar of the week ones, so these are bound to go up in value.

Not exactly IMO.

It's not that they are viewed as not being as good, but, however, they (the guitar of the week versions) will be more valuable from a resale point of view simply because they are limited edition.

:up:

Not exactly IMO.

It's not that they are viewed as not being as good, but, however, they (the guitar of the week versions) will be more valuable from a resale point of view simply because they are limited edition.

:up:

There's that, but seriously, the people who own the 400 "originals" will talk them up on Gibson forums and Harmony Central and the like, claiming the new ones aren't as good, and they will develop a mystique, seen it happen loads of times.

There's that, but seriously, the people who own the 400 "originals" will talk them up on Gibson forums and Harmony Central and the like, claiming the new ones aren't as good, and they will develop a mystique, seen it happen loads of times.

Oh but of course! They won't be, but you always get those people :laughing: