aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
HateEvent

One for the Hetfield fanboys (me :D)

Gibson have unveiled some more of their 'Guitar Of The Week' guitars in advance. #47 is rather tasty. Check it:-

DX84AWCH1_.jpg

james114.jpg

1984 reissue Explorer with EMG 81/60 combo. :up:

Gibson have unveiled some more of their 'Guitar Of The Week' guitars in advance. #47 is rather tasty.

1984 reissue Explorer with EMG 81/60 combo. :up:

So when are you buying one then? :D

So when are you buying one then? :D

:laughing:

I want the ...And Justice For All era ESP Explorer in Vintage White with the slightly larger, rounded body, matching headstock and black hardware: the MX-220

:)

Isn't just as the same as a normal white x-plorer with ebony fingerboard except has emgs on?

You fail :down:

No pickguard as the controls are mounted at the rear instead of the front, rosewood board (not ebony), pickup selector switch next to the other controls as opposed to at the end of the horn.

:up:

If you want one of these you better move fast, they only make a couple of hundred of these "Guitars of the Week". I'm going to stick my neck out and predict that this one will be something of a collectors item and will go up in value considerably.

If you want one of these you better move fast, they only make a couple of hundred of these "Guitars of the Week". I'm going to stick my neck out and predict that this one will be something of a collectors item and will go up in value considerably.

400 to be made.

Point taken - some of the original 84s were rosewood. I'm being presumptious :D

The thing is, I know how these things work, and even if they release it as a regular production model afterwards, everyone will be going on about how the new ones aren't as good as the guitar of the week ones, so these are bound to go up in value.

The thing is, I know how these things work, and even if they release it as a regular production model afterwards, everyone will be going on about how the new ones aren't as good as the guitar of the week ones, so these are bound to go up in value.

Not exactly IMO.

It's not that they are viewed as not being as good, but, however, they (the guitar of the week versions) will be more valuable from a resale point of view simply because they are limited edition.

Not exactly IMO.

It's not that they are viewed as not being as good, but, however, they (the guitar of the week versions) will be more valuable from a resale point of view simply because they are limited edition.

There's that, but seriously, the people who own the 400 "originals" will talk them up on Gibson forums and Harmony Central and the like, claiming the new ones aren't as good, and they will develop a mystique, seen it happen loads of times.

There's that, but seriously, the people who own the 400 "originals" will talk them up on Gibson forums and Harmony Central and the like, claiming the new ones aren't as good, and they will develop a mystique, seen it happen loads of times.

Oh but of course! They won't be, but you always get those people :laughing: