aberdeen-music

dhc - 4th october - accoustic night - steven milne plus ?

hey guys,

this week the DHC band have pulled out at very short notice so the line up for DHC is going to be an accoustic night with a DJ set afterwards.

Ill be playing my first set in public with Lap Steel / Slide genius John (Welfare Mothers / Tupelo Town Assembly) and others are sure to joint the bill shortly!

10pm kick off

see you there

apologies for short notice but the bands driver couldnt be available and i was the support so now were building a new stellar line up to keep the live music theme going!

see you thursday

cheers

x

Knowing you it'd be some bladder control contraption:up:

(just taking the piss!)

Slogan above would still work I suppose...

Are you ordering Alan? I can do you a discount, for 9,99 you get:

1 Milne & Hekert Discreet Controller

Main Cable

Stimulator Probe

Neck Strap

6 x Lubricating Gel Sachets

16 x Sterilising Tablets

Instructions for Use

3 x AAA Alkaline Batteries

For the last three weeks, the DHC has been at capacity with queues a lot of the night. We're looking at resolving waiting times at the bar - more staff being the obvious answer. We'll also be possibly looking at limiting capacity so that it's not ridiculous moving about. We recommend to anyone heading down, get there as early as possible to avoid either queuing or not getting in at all. Doors open at 10pm and we've been getting a fair few people in from the outset.

Also, we'll be changing the smoking in and out situation from next week. Once inside, anyone wishing to leave for a smoke or whatever should get a hand stamp at the cloakroom. There'll be enough signage informing everyone of this and door staff will do their best to check stamps from anyone heading out of the club.

Once inside, anyone wishing to leave for a smoke or whatever should get a hand stamp at the cloakroom. There'll be enough signage informing everyone of this and door staff will do their best to check stamps from anyone heading out of the club.

I thought you did that already? I've certainly had my hand stamped on DHC nights before.

Yeah, we stamp at the door when the bands are playing but after midnight when the clubnight becomes free, there's no one to stamp. With there being big queues now, we need to implement a better system so that people are getting stamped all night. It's become hard to distinguish between who was in already and went for a smoke and who's just just turned up. The best way to do this is to use the cloakroom. Saves us having both a receptionist and cloakroom person. Works at the Sub Club in Glasgow.

dhc has been mental of late!

i guess a lot of newcomers have arrived since freshers, first time ive realised quite how mad it is was at around 1.20am last night when i had to cut through the bar to go for a pee because i couldnt get round the venue the normal way for people and make it back for the record ending! and last night was the third in a row of madness since freshers week and apparently the quietest of the three (which still meant madness)

its amazing to be part of such a busy night and i guess its gone from being a kinda well kept secret type thing to a regular full capacity night! which is amazing and also i can understand why regulars would be annoyed. but its taken a long time to build up (2nd birthday coming up) and full marks and responsibility go to the snafu freshers team / claire whove worked their asses off!

i think itll die down slightly soon when the students have to start actually doing some work! (first weeks are always a skive no?) but itll still be busy id say to a similar level to now (i hope!)

people probably arent aware but snafu actually lost three bar staff in a week last week and are short at the moment (see the posters in the venue if your interested or PM wax) and im pretty sure that nobody anticipated the level of carnage (aberdeen going into europe/ the enemy after crowd) that was last nights attendance!

as gomes said, they are looking into it and bar staff is probably the answer along with getting in early

im pretty sure the bar que in snafu on a dhc night is no worse than

exodus on a saturday

abc glasgow - its like vietnam trying to get a pint!

any other capacity full venue!

but i do feel your pain!

Does the busyness extend to the bands or just the club after?

Between 10pm and 12am when the bands are on, the size of the crowd is varied depending on the acts. When the clubnight becomes free at midnight, we get a crazy rush of people (funny that!). We're trying to resolve this bottleneck. Everyone should see an improvement next Thursday.

We welcome comments and complaints though, so just PM me or email gomes@clubsnafu.com.