aberdeen-music

sansamp bass driver

Graham

i was thinking about getting one of these, how do they sound? i've not found one anywhere to try it out. also would i need a special power supply for it or could i just power it of my powerbank thing i use to power my pedals?

yeah they're pretty good. i've used one for a while now. just make your bass sound that bit better. and handy is you want a couple of sounds ie. warm clean to drive.

its a 9V power supply just like boss pedals etc. so no.

Scott from blessed was selling one a while back... nae sure if he still has it. probably not.

they are nae bad, bad thing about them is they dont have a "mid" control, so no matter what you do to the pedal tone wise, it always scoops the mids to some degree, other than that, they are pretty damn good, offer a failry wide range of tones and can cater for many different styles, i have been using mine for bloody ages now, so yeah, if you can pick one up failry cheap, go for it.

However, i would recommend probably getting the sansamp bass driver rbi (the rackmounted version) if you can afford it, because it has a mid control. and thus, probably makes the amount of variable tones excellent sounding.

Thats my 2 cents.

scott

x

any idea how much the rack one would be? or could i maybe use an eq pedal or something to boost the mids? although stepping on two pedals at once whenever i wanted to use the bass driver and not lose mids could get annoying... i also saw a programmable one, any idea if its any good?

any idea how much the rack one would be? or could i maybe use an eq pedal or something to boost the mids? although stepping on two pedals at once whenever i wanted to use the bass driver and not lose mids could get annoying... i also saw a programmable one, any idea if its any good?

there is a version with just one settiong though. the rack is like 270 off thomann. Search Results - Page 1 - U.K. International Cyberstore

You could use an eq to push your mids or just do it on the equaliser on your amp if you have one. that all depends on whether you just want one sound the whole time or a couple of different sounds.

aye the programmable one is the one i was talking about and the one i use. It is good apart from what Scott has already mentioned.

you can get the sansamp psi (or whatever its called) which is the same as the rbi, but you can get a footswitch to change between settings, so you can save loads of different tones on it, but if i were you, i would just buy the rackmounted one (if you have a rack case).

Apparently, lots of people recommend using the sansamp rbi and just using a seperate poweramp.

What kind of amp are you expecting to be running the sansamp through?

i'd be running the sansamp through an ashdown head (mag 300 i think it is) and an ashdown 4x10 cab. i do like the sound of my amp, but im never happy with any of my overdriven sounds which i get from a digitech bass overdrive(i don't like it at all), boss odb3 and a h&k warp pedal (which i do quite like the sound of). i'm liking the look of those rack units. been having a read about them and they look good.