aberdeen-music

A Message From Bob Dylan

Graeme

That would probably be a good idea!

Many thanks from my g/f for it, by the way (the micro-cube I mean!).....now all she needs is 2 cheap guitars to round off the Christmas pressie.

Back to Bob...whereabouts is he staying in Scotland (seeing as he's supposed to have bought a house)? Maybe IMP could get him to do a 'secret' gig sometime?

That would probably be a good idea!

Many thanks from my g/f for it, by the way (the micro-cube I mean!).....now all she needs is 2 cheap guitars to round off the Christmas pressie.

Back to Bob...whereabouts is he staying in Scotland (seeing as he's supposed to have bought a house)? Maybe IMP could get him to do a 'secret' gig sometime?

apparently, he is close to billy connoly, so where is that?

up beside ballater/braemar?

his brother is staying in/beside fettercairn i think.

Check out this cool story:

I actually had a phone conversation with him. It lasted some 10 minutes. I got his Malibu # through a relative who worked for at&t. They told me they could get anyone's # so I said get me Bob's. This was about 10 years ago. When I called a women answered. She thought I was someone named David (his bro perhaps). I said that Bob did not know me. Just then someone else picked up the line and as sure as sh*t it was Bob. He spent the 1st 5 minutes asking how I got this number. I kept saying "lets just say I stumbled across it" and assured him that it was not getting circulated. I thought I might get my relative fired. After a while he gave up and straight up talked to me. We talked about the delta blues. I guess I seemed knowledgeable on the subject. He said I could call there anytime...but I assured him I would never call again (which I never did). I met him face to face once after a concert in Westchester...we just shook hands and exchanged pleasantries.

Expecting Rain Forums :: View topic - have you met him?

Well, you never know! Maybe Bob will google himself, read this forum and come down to SNAFU to check out the Kitchen Cynics tonight.

I wouldn't do a Dylan cover if he did though...I'd do my version of Scrapper Blackwell's 'Little Girl Blues'. That way he wouldn't be embarrassed when I asked him up to play some slide whistle!

*pauses to see what kind of drugs Heinz are putting into their 'Spaghetti with sausages'...cos they sure are effective!*

*lies down, exhausted after heavy thread hi-jacking*

ps...I HAVE had a phone conversation (then later met & sang with) someone who beat Bob Dylan in a talent contest!