aberdeen-music

Radiohead to release new album online?!

i just bought the discbox thing, in a moment of impulse buy madness as it looks pretty cool

however, just had a moment of clarity of thought and thinking shit hope its not a hoax or scam!

if not its cool and pretty random of radiohead to do it at a weeks notice

ive heaed some of new tracks through live gigs (meadowbank) and you tube, nude is particularly amazing and videotape sounds like it could be from the eraser easily

ive been listening a lot to ok computer funnily enough, forgot how much i love radiohead

Radiohead - I can't decide what I think of these guys. I love OK Computer and can listen to it all day, it's one of my favourite albums of all time. The Bends is also a bit of an overlooked masterpiece. And I quite like Kid A. However I thought Amnesiac and Hail To The Thief were just self indulgent tripe.

I am taking it as real - it was posted on deadairspace (the official blog) and radiohead.com directs you to the in rainbows page.

I guess it is continuing on from what happened after Kid A was leaked early which only seemed to help it when it was properly released. I wouldn't mind hearing how much people are paying for the download - I guess there will be a lot of people going for a free version to give it a listen, but how many will be paying?

I will be getting myself the discbox anyway, and that has the download with it so you can listen while you wait for December 3rd to come around. I guess they are putting out the download as soon as the music is ready, and the wait for the album is getting the manufacturing and distribution sorted (inclding the lack of help from a label)

Wander how hard it is going to be accessing the download on the 10th? the in rainbows site isn't exactly running the quickest for me right now, and that isn't shifting half the data...

David

I reckon they bank on Radiohead having a reasonable fanbase that will automatically shell out for the DiscBox, which despite being 40 gets you a decent amount of physical stuff, plus bonus choons. Plus if it's only through the website, is there a label taking a cut? They could rake it in!

The penny-pinchers like myself MAY like it enough to buy some other stuff?

Jonah Matranga used to do sliding-scale prices allowing people to choose their own price too (within limits)....

Anyone got a confirmation email yet?

Just got this:

THANK YOU FOR ORDERING IN RAINBOWS. THIS IS AN UPDATE.

YOUR UNIQUE ACTIVATION CODE(S) WILL BE SENT OUT TOMORROW MORNING (UK TIME). THIS WILL TAKE YOU STRAIGHT TO THE DOWNLOAD AREA.

HERE IS SOME INFORMATION ABOUT THE DOWNLOAD:

THE ALBUM WILL COME AS A 48.4MB ZIP FILE CONTAINING 10 X 160KBPS DRM FREE MP3s.

MOST COMPUTERS NOW HAVE ZIP SOFTWARE AS PART OF THE OPERATING SYSTEM; IF YOUR COMPUTER DOES NOT, YOU NEED TO GET WINZIP OR ZIPIT INSTALLED PRIOR.

YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THEM HERE: PC: WinZip - The Zip File Utility for Windows - Zip/Unzip, Encrypt/Decrypt

MAC: ZipIt: Macintosh compression utility

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS DOWNLOADING YOUR FILE, PLEASE CONTACT OUR DOWNLOAD CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM AT

downloadinrainbows@waste.uk.com

i am stupid, when it comes to this right but....

if i download the album at work to my work pc , can i still download it again when i get home to my laptop? or is it a 1 off download you get

id like to listen now but i was going to just do it wirelessly at home so i could have a copy!

never downloaded an album before (that ive paid for)!

Download it on your work PC then move the files on a memory stick, or burn a CD....

I haven't downloaded mine yet, I don't feel bad about getting it free since I've also spent money buying all their other albums, concert tickets etc... it's time that Yorke bloke gave me something back.

Out of interest, has anyone actually paid for it?