aberdeen-music

FAO Moshulu Staff

Metarie

Any chance of making sure the wooden floor beside the poles is mopped up at regular intervals? I know the bar staff are kept really busy all night, but last night I slipped over *again* in exactly the same spot as a few weeks ago. Maybe the bouncers could keep an eye on things and let people know when someone spills a drink because it's a death trap there.

And yes, I was pissed last night but I was in flat shoes and was able to walk otherwise :p

Maybe next time speak to us in person when your out rather than making a post directed at us on a public forum...;)

We do try our best, but unfortunately it is a nightclub and there are drinks going to be spilled on the floor. We couldn't possibly run around mopping up every time someone spilt/dropped/threw a drink across the room! I do understand sometimes it's worse than other times (try walking across it with arms full of glasses and people dancing at/with you!) and in these circumstances we make an effort to clean it up (regarding we know it is there, of course).

The next time it happens and you feel your safety is being compromised just come up to the bar and request it gets cleaned up, or let a doorman know to tell us.

If you have any other problems give me a call at the club or come in and speak to me in person, I don't really feel this needs a big thread on the internet!

Thankies!

x

Maybe next time speak to us in person when your out rather than making a post directed at us on a public forum...;)

We do try our best, but unfortunately it is a nightclub and there are drinks going to be spilled on the floor. We couldn't possibly run around mopping up every time someone spilt/dropped/threw a drink across the room! I do understand sometimes it's worse than other times (try walking across it with arms full of glasses and people dancing at/with you!) and in these circumstances we make an effort to clean it up (regarding we know it is there, of course).

The next time it happens and you feel your safety is being compromised just come up to the bar and request it gets cleaned up, or let a doorman know to tell us.

If you have any other problems give me a call at the club or come in and speak to me in person, I don't really feel this needs a big thread on the internet!

Thankies!

x

I didn't make a thread to be arsey, I was totally out of it last night and I'm not going to be in til next weekend. It was just something I wanted attention brought to. In all honesty, me, Amy and Sarah all fell over in the same place a few weeks ago with doorman Charlie watching (and helping us up :p ) and still nothing was done.

Like I say, not doing it to be shitty but just to make you guys aware.

My safety wasn't compromised exactly...more my dignity :p

Please don't take this the wrong way, and appologies that I'm posting this on a forum (but if it wasn't on a forum then I wouldn't have known about it to post).

When a spillage occurs then... yes... technically you are suppposed to run around mopping it up. Perhaps not within 10 secs, but certainly within 60 secs.

Failing to do so may cause an 'issue' with any public liability insurance, and if someone fell, landed on their own glass, and severed a major artery, or GOD forbid broke their neck (OK these are extreme examples but they have been known to occur), then that might create an 'issue' with claiming compensation. Especially if the insurers read your post. Nudge nudge, wink wink, *COUGH* *COUGH*. So get your arse covered!

Unfortunately when people are drunk on your premises then you have a duty to protect them from themsleves and others.

If you edit your post/policy/thinking then I'll delete this one ;)

Guest Jake Wifebeater
who's wise idea was it to have a carpet in a nightclub? I don't think i've ever seen that before hahaha, stand in one place too long and you're probably gonna have to piss yourself

It's a damn good idea, more often than not it's the only thing keeping me vertical...

New flooring you say? Sounds slippery, are they going for vinyl stuff?

everywhere except for that bit beside the poles, we're putting an oil slick in there, keep it slippy.

Don't get too excited folks, we've had a quote n that for getting it replaced, but as we dont deal with things on a first person basis, it's not just as easy as getting it done, athin has to go past 'the powers that be' first.

Plus the moshulu carpet may be boggin, but it's never going to achieve the legendary status of the palace's flooring. That thing was a true achievement.