aberdeen-music

Aberdeen Pubs with Wifi

Woolies

Are there any in the city-centre?

Had a quick look around the other week and didn't see any blatantly advertising wifi. When I gave up and went to The Bassment for a pint & decent tunes and asked I have a sneaking suspicion the bar person there checked the bottles of spirits incase they had any named "wifi" ;)

Starbucks &/or Cafe LAN ain't any use btw, I want a strongbow with my internet on my next visit.

Had a quick look around the other week and didn't see any blatantly advertising wifi. When I gave up and went to The Bassment for a pint & decent tunes and asked I have a sneaking suspicion the bar person there checked the bottles of spirits incase they had any named "wifi" ;)

Starbucks &/or Cafe LAN ain't any use btw, I want a strongbow with my internet on my next visit.

archies does

Triple Kirks has it.
slain's also do it.
Cheers, those two should satisfy my urges and still manage to be familiar enough and close enough to the train station. :)

And also make me wonder why I walked past them the last time I was up and didn't see them advertise it with even a wee badge or summat outside their doors :S

As for taking the laptop to the pub, I don't even think about it as other than fine during the day and early evening but I'd agree later on when the likelihood of stumbling, spilling drunks is higher then nah.

Try the justice mill

I tend to frequent the Tilted Wig on a saturday afternoon with my laptop, so I can listen to the Inverness Caley game on the online radio, whilst getting some much needed school work done. Usually combine it with a late lunch or early tea, as the Tilted Wig food is pretty gooood.

Plus, there are no passwords/tokens etc required. Just switch on, choose the Tilted Wig from your available wireless connections list and away you go.

• 3 weeks later...

I went a visiting and ended up in Cafe LAN :(

Cos none of the pubs I tried could guarantee their wifi was working before I got my laptop out to check which seemed like a lot of hassle if there was no wifi... They should have lied and I'd just have bought a drink rather than work sober on those horrifically uncomfy seats in Cafe LAN, next time I'm bagsying a sofa.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...