aberdeen-music

Cops with speed cameras

Lemonade

....got a motorbike then....I take it.

another of my faves are "motorbike lanes" aka "cheverons...

please, don't wrap yourself in cotton wool, and wrap yourself round a tree.

Are you one of the people who cuts off motorbikes filtering then?

....got a motorbike then....I take it.

another of my faves are "motorbike lanes" aka "cheverons...

please, don't wrap yourself in cotton wool, and wrap yourself round a tree.

Wow you must be really clever to work out I had a bike ...could it be because I said that in my first post.

You're a petty, vicious prick.

Are you one of the people who cuts off motorbikes filtering then?

no, I am the one saying "jesus...Imagine if someone wasn't as observant as me decided to swap lanes, that bike 'filtering' at 30 - 40 would be tatties"

and is overtaking in a 30 zone at 50 classed as "filtering"...I've seen that happen alot...I understand why, because "they are going to filter later on at the next roundabout / lights anyway"

no..., I must retract any adverse reactions I have to speeding / bad (?!) driving bikers do, as we all know : the rules of the road don't apply to them...because they are on fast, cool, motorbikes.

It's funny, eh, when you "complain" about speeding, you are branded a pussy.

Clarkson's got a lot to answer for.

Filtering is legal. If a car changes lane without checking his mirrors then it is the car driver who is at fault. Most car drivers only look for other cars.

No, overaking is overtaking, filtering is filtering. And don't forget that there are plenty of cars who overtake at 50 in a 30 zone! You seem to be prejudiced against bikers.

And who's calling you a pussy?

no..., I must retract any adverse reactions I have to speeding / bad (?!) driving bikers do, as we all know : the rules of the road don't apply to them...because they are on fast, cool, motorbikes.

What a load of pish! I don't think that's going through any bikers head at any time whatsoever! And if you're referring to people acting irresponsibly whilst driving motor vehicles, then there are plenty of them! Probably a higher percentage of car drivers act irresponsibly than that of bikers.

What a load of pish! I don't think that's going through any bikers head at any time whatsoever! And if you're referring to people acting irresponsibly whilst driving motor vehicles, then there are plenty of them! Probably a higher percentage of car drivers act irresponsibly than that of bikers.

classic.

of course.

all motorbike drivers are saints, car drivers are useless...

Did I say that all car drivers were "good drivers"?

you seem to be jumping to many conclusions here...and, after all, I was only "spurred" into writing what I did by one motorbiker who seemed fairly chuffed that he was "nearly caught" going 120 miles an hour...

I could go on about piss poor driving that I see day in day out...

...reaction times etc are not only the responsibility of the person speeding! (I think that was my original point, but I got told to shut up and hug a tree...)

I doubt you'd get a "high percentage" of cars going twice the legal speed limit....but that's not "bad driving"...is it....

I'll leave it at that...I've said what I wanted to.

Didn't I say that people acting irresponsibly whilst driving motor vehicles, then there are plenty of them...? I.e not just motorcyclists and not just cars. How is that saying that all bikers are saints? My point is that there are people who are idiots regardless of what they drive, and if you can't deduce that from my post then don't bother posting a reply.

My point about there being a smaller perntage of bikers acting like idiots compared to car drivers is that the stakes are much higher if you're on a bike. I didn't say there was a high percentage of cars doing twice the limit now, did I? I said that there is probably a highER percentage of car drivers driving irresponsibly...jeez...this is pointless....

Show me a conclusion I've jumped to.

FYI I drive a car and do not own a motorbike. I often ride a pushbike on the road and some car drivers to seem to have a different attitude towards bikers in general.

classic.

of course.

all motorbike drivers are saints, car drivers are useless....

You said that no-one else

...reaction times etc are not only the responsibility of the person speeding! (I think that was my original point, but I got told to shut up and hug a tree...).

No. Your original point was that some drivers would get a shock by being overtaken and crash.

That was just a bizarre statement and then it seemed to justify you calling me a cunt !

Did I say anywhere that there were any other cars anywhere near me at the time. Again - you jumped to conclusions.

In my honest experience the bikers I have been out with stick to the 30s and 40s more than car drivers. We tend to build up cars behind us in these areas before the national speed limit signs.

Filtering is completely legal. I ws encouraged to do it by the police on an observed ride.

You are just pissed off they are making progress when you are stuck in traffic.

Grow up.