aberdeen-music

Dave Mcleods Saturday Rock Show

Pierre Von Mondragon

Ho Ho, having a nostalgic reminisce, I recalled that the nearest thing there seemed to be to this site in the late 80's, for rock scene networking, was Dave Mcleod's rock show, where various maniacs would write in under ridiculous pseudynoms, exactly like here then.

Obviously Mr Mcleod is now the velvet voiced sound of Channel 4, (has anyone ever looked less like you would imagine them from their voice??), but I wondered if any of said maniacs had made it on to this site, I await with anticipation.

I was a regular listener. And I often wrote in.

I went by the name Sheriff of Huddersfield (after an Iron Maiden B side).

I travelled to Bon Jovi on a mini bus arranged by the Phantom Kiss Maniac.

I also remember Vinnie Vincent's Pink Jackson was a regular "writer inner".

Dave had his Thursday night metal night at Ritzy. I was always asking him to play God Bless Video.

Funny. I was reminiscing with a friend about this just a couple of weeks ago.

Fond memories.

Does Northsound have a rock/metal show these days?

, but I wondered if any of said maniacs had made it on to this site, I await with anticipation.

Yup, I must stick my hand-up as well. Although I'd known Dave since his Saracen days before then.

Adrian Pacitti* had much to do with Dave's show as well. He went from being a very regular punter to doing an awful lot of the lists/leage tables/themed -type stuff. He's still around I think. Must be a good couple of years since I last saw him tho.

* - Guy on the pushbike, you'd see on Union St with a near perfect painting of Hawkwind's Doremi cover on his shoulder bag.