aberdeen-music

Distortion

Guest Bob

agreed. but regardless of why it was, he had fucking AMAZING tone. I'm sure I heard he was in a studio and fiddling about with a new amp and when he heard the tone he made everyone stop and nobody was allowed to touch anything.

Yeah I heard that too. Probably for Vulgar Display - notice how it's RIGHT on the edge of being fuzzy crap but instead it's just brutal :D

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with A 110%

B is the difference between making shite gear sound good and not. you can get away with being shite if you have good gear, i have pretty poor technique with a bass guitar (given that I am a guitar player). my tone is good because I play every gig with an SVT classic, USA Jazz and Ampeg 8x10. I wouldnt play a gig without them.

guys with fingertone make shit gear sound quite passable

I totally agree!

Its kinda ironic that bad guitar players benefit from the best gear the most and good guitar players could settle for cheap stuff...but it doenst happen that way, bad players usually have bad gear too haha

agreed. but regardless of why it was, he had fucking AMAZING tone. I'm sure I heard he was in a studio and fiddling about with a new amp and when he heard the tone he made everyone stop and nobody was allowed to touch anything.

I love the pantera guitar sound, on vulgar and driven especially... I have just always thought that if someone else played his rig, it would never have worked.

On that note, the Pantera production in general is amazing.

Yeah, there is an interview where he says something like people play Gibson and Marshall cause it's easy to make them sound good where he plays stuff that you have to work at to make it sound good. I think You can hear that when you listen to Pantera, there's a definate 'chainsaw' element to his sound.