aberdeen-music

i just put my ps2 on ebay and now i feel sad

JJ 10 Easy Wishes

does anyone else understand how sad it is and how bad it feels to sell your 'pride and joy' as HEBS would put it?

the only comfort is the knowledge that it's quite old and probably means that it would break soon and now hopefully some young whipper snapper can continue where I left off. Also ps3......which i don't own yet.

i felt far worse when I sold my megadrive. it was effectively my best friend in my younger days! i'll never sell my snes though. or my n64.

I can sympathise with you. I'm the master of 'console regret'. I once sold my dreamcast and a collection of around 40 top games. I now again own a dreamcast and over 80 games. When I see or trade in games I usually end up buying them again.

I'm a hoarding bastard and I wish I wasn't!

I am a Nintendo man, but i love my dreamcast! Totally shit and awesome all at once! Wasnt it first console with online capability?

Guest Tam o' Shantie
I am a Nintendo man, but i love my dreamcast! Totally shit and awesome all at once! Wasnt it first console with online capability?

Yeah, launched in the same 'everyone gets to try out the internet at least once' era as the Amstrad Emailer (a telephone with email! cost about 200 quid in the day, i remember seeing them in makro a few years ago for about a tenner) and surfing the 'net through your OnDigital set top box! I only know one guy who actually used it for a considerable amount of time, cos he didn't have a PC at home. Good times!

I'v done the whole seeling and buying back thing on multiple formats. Selling my snes from the first time around was my biggest regret, so much so that I now have a uk snes, us snes, jap snes and over 200 games for them just to make sure.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Not a fan. I'd rather have the games the way they were. I collect so emulations not really an option for me.

Good man, same with me. I'm currently spending a whore's ransom on Ebay on Spectrum 48K games. BMX Simulator for 40p? Aye!

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Still got my Spectrum and hundreds on games in my mum's loft. But the emulators make it a bit redundant.

Plus Football Manager is the only good game.

Give us a shout if you fancy punting any.

Good call on Football Manager, waiting on it through the post to recreate those childhood days of entire Sundays spent failing to get out of Division 4.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Think I managed to see what happens by "hacking" the game - ie pressing break or escape or whatever it is. Seem to remember that Football Manager was just about the only game you could do that on.

Oh, right. Never mind, when it comes through the post I can have another go for real.

p-picked to play

i-injured

It's all coming back, and I can't wait for my copy to come through now.

Match highlights to follow!

the only comfort is the knowledge that it's quite old and probably means that it would break soon

even if it was quite new it would probably be close to breaking.

PS1 - fantastic machine...very reliable...years of joy!!!

Ps2 - piece of shit that never worked properly...everyone i knew (Barre one) that had one, had it break just after the warrenty ran out. pieces of crap!!!

Ps3 - probably the same except it costs more

Conclusion...get a 360 instead...thier awesome! :up: