aberdeen-music

Halo 3

framheim

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

played the campaign mode for a bit this morning. it's pretty good, just what i expected it to be like really. new weapons seem cool though the graphics could be a little bit more next gen though they are noticably better and crisper than halo 2. not played the multiplayer yet, will maybe give that a blast tonight.

another positive halo 3 comment

yeah i got this the other day, and having played it for a few hours i would say its a damn good game, the graphics could be better, but im only playin it on a standard widescreen not HD so they probably are better than what im seein n e way. Not hugely different from Halo 2 but different enough to be worthwhile, the new items/weapons are cool and the only thing that seems a bit shit about it is the AI pathfinding in the vehicles, the marines drive like their on acid or sumthin......

Very cool game though. Havent played it multiplayer yet, seems like the multi will b near enough exactly the same as Halo 2 with better graphics. The campaign plays extremely well in coop as well as singleplayer, lots of action.:up:

i never got why people liked halo tbh i remember playing the multiplayer beta and you couldn't even aim down the sights of the gun, hope they did something about that o_O

its not call of duty. thats what the crosshair is for.

best game ever. the forge map editor is awesome and the idea of cash to limit overloading the map works perfectly. so much fun to be had filling a crate with propane tanks then blowing it up and watching it back in slow motion.

everything you do recorded in real time to watch back from any angle at varying speeds. the videos dont even take up much space!

the game feels well balanced and once you get used to the new control system you find it works a lot better than the old one.

new 3rd person view for some weapons, new grenades and power ups etc, as always stunning sound track by martin o'donnel. I also think the graphics could have been tweaked up a little but for the amount on the disc i'd have preferred to keep forge and all the multiplayer options and recording etc than have it look slightly prettier to be honest.

back in the day pong wouldnt have been any more fun coz it looked nicer.

the addition of 4 player co-op was a genius stroke, something im sure we'd all wished for in H2. However, it does make the game a little too easy on legendary

cant really find enough good things to say about this one, and im not easy pleased.

10/10 :up:

not a bad idea, an aberdeen music halo tournament. i've been getting some practice in and actually won a game today. multiplayers kicks ass, my favourite trick is getting the active camo and sneaking up behind folks and sticking plasma grenades to them.

I was on fire in the last game i played. Three double kills and a triple kill. Hells yes, team lost though... So even with my fine effort it was in vain.

Even though I think the Halo series is vastly overrated, in my boredom this evening and for lack of a fresh game to play I drove all the way out to ASDA to spend the last of my cash for the week on it. I've just heard too many good things from so many people about it.

I'm only on here first because theres some lengthy Live update to be done first.

not a bad idea, an aberdeen music halo tournament. i've been getting some practice in and actually won a game today. multiplayers kicks ass, my favourite trick is getting the active camo and sneaking up behind folks and sticking plasma grenades to them.

sorry, my halo senses are tingling.

if you're close enough to have a sure thing with the sticky and you're active camo'd you'd be better using melee and saving your greeenades.

sorry, my halo senses are tingling.

if you're close enough to have a sure thing with the sticky and you're active camo'd you'd be better using melee and saving your greeenades.

obviously that's true but when you're playing with your mates there's nothing better than watching them run away from you with a glowing blue head before the inevitable boom. looks great in the theatre mode as well.

im possibly holding a lan not this weekend but next (13/14th) if anyone is interested.

so far have 2 teams of 4. looking for more.

does anyone know if you can play lan/live? ie, having 2 xbox's in one house playing on the lan and over live? so 8 player/2 xboxs one location against the same at another location?

your right though, theres nothing better than a replay of sticking your own team mate and sending him kamikazee into a packed base.

pretty sure there was a medal for that in halo 2, like the killtacular etc.

im possibly holding a lan not this weekend but next (13/14th) if anyone is interested.

so far have 2 teams of 4. looking for more.

does anyone know if you can play lan/live? ie, having 2 xbox's in one house playing on the lan and over live? so 8 player/2 xboxs one location against the same at another location?

your right though, theres nothing better than a replay of sticking your own team mate and sending him kamikazee into a packed base.

pretty sure there was a medal for that in halo 2, like the killtacular etc.

Yes you can do that. I've done it before.

enjoyed the single player its short but im looking forward to going through it on legendary on co-op.graphics are alright but im still sure it could have been a bit better seeing as how its one of the biggest games on the xbox

multiplayer is just as good fun as it always is in halo

gonna try out the forge tonight and see what its all about not tried messing around with it yet.