aberdeen-music

[GIG] Whitehouse @ The Tunnels

JOHN BEVERLY

Anybody who even vaguely enjoyed the previous noisey gigs I put on or the Wolf Eyes show earlier in the year should get along to this. Whitehouse are one of the most influential bands of this kind and their stage performances really have to be seen to be believed. I won't even attempt to describe it!

One more band to confirm as support.

• 3 weeks later...

Sunday, September 30, 2007

CRASH LANDING

Do you think humans have as many lives as cats? I certainly hope so because I know they must be fast running out. From a couple of very near drownings, as a child sleepwalking my way off a 5m balcony, almost being squished by a Spanish express train and to, most recently, Friday's falling off the stage at the concert in Belfast.

I remember it was dark, had just finished verse 3 of Cruise, and was heading back to the instrument table to let Philip unleash his '50 questions' when suddenly in a split second everything changed: flat out on a cold floor looking up at the ceiling not being able to move.

The good news is that the heavy duty painkillers are now doing their job, and there's no permanent damage, just torn muscles and some exotic bruises. The paramedics and nurses at the hospital in Belfast were, despite working under testing circumstances, extraordinarily warm, friendly and dedicated; and as surely as they won't be reading this, I'm compelled to say a huge and sincere thank you for everything. Many, many thanks also to everyone who has sent messages, it really means a lot.

"Thursday, October 04, 2007

CRASH LANDING 2

Just came back from the hospital and it seems I was initially being a bit too optimistic: there are in fact 3 broken ribs and so I'll be holed up and out of any meaningful action for around 6 weeks. Oh well, here's to free codeine and reading all those books you always wanted to have time for. Sincere thanks once again to everyone who's written.

Posted by William Bennett at 4:35 PM 9 comments

• 2 weeks later...