aberdeen-music

Reunification: A tale of two forums or "How I learned to hate the Feedback Forum"

Guest Bob

It is pretty much just that, for me anyway. (other mods may differ) - I just get so sick of the inevitability that if you post something about MMW, then there will follow yet another jibe featuring the words Rinky/dink/whatever.

But the problem to me sir, is that the initial "dink etc" comment never gets 'moderated' until after I've stepped in and said a few words... at which point it then it all gets removed and cheaply summed as (words to the effect of) "mmw and spd being a bunch of children".

(Which makes me sound like a perpitrator, rather than defending myself...)

Like you say yourself, it is inevitable (and always has been) that on a mmw thread, Scroge will come in with some banter - but like watching a car crash, it's as if the mods are just waiting to see it all kick off before stepping in and clearing up - rather than removing the initial post on sight. And if that isn't true, then it seems a bit of coincidence that it's always me that just so happens to spot scorge's post (and manage to reply) before any of the moderators see it and go "hang on a minute, this could be trouble". And let's be totally fair here, when mmw are concerned it's not as if his initial post is ever something constructive that may turn out all dandy in the end.

For the amount of times I've heard a moderator bang on about how sick they are of "all these mmw/spd fueds", I find it very surprising that the initial wind-up comment is never removed sooner... Unless you're waiting for the day that I don't retaliate? But as we've recently seen, that only allows Scorge the freedom of going "what, no good comeback?" if I don't.

if you're all that fed up, here's a solution: remove posts BEFORE waiting to see if it all kicks off, or ban Scorge.

Personally I wouldn't want either of those because the odd argument amuses me, and I also find Scorge's contribution to this site more entertaining than most with his below-the-belt jokes on the humour forum etc.

(this isn't specifically aimed at you frosty... I'm lumping all the mods and anyone-who-ever complains-about-a-mmw-thread-yet-can't-keep-their-eyes-off it into the same boat here)

I think getting rid of the feedback forum isn't a bad idea - if bands want opinions on their tunes then posting it in music duscussion seems obvious.

Also, maybe not getting rid of individual band forums (although that wouldn't be a huge loss either for the same reasons) but certainly relaxing the 'rules' a little couldn't hurt; Quik used to have a forum on this site, and every time I posted something in Music Discussion because I wanted alot of people to see it, it was moved to the less popular Sub-Forums that are the local band forums, thus reinforcing Bobs original point.

But the problem to me sir, is that the initial "dink etc" comment never gets 'moderated' until after I've stepped in and said a few words...

Sorry, that's rubbish. It maybe just seems like that because you don't see any that we do remove before you get there. It does happen.

i only use the sub-forums when posting new topics every other time i use the search new posts feature and get all the topics in one big list so getting rid of a particular forum wouldn't affect my aberdeen-music experience much at all and i'd imagine i'm not the only one who does this.

i do think a seperate forum for feedback is better than merging it with music discussion.