aberdeen-music

why do moderators moderate?

remington blastcap

dudes! back at you!

what makes some one become a moderator?, what personal characteristics do they have and what drives them?

insights forthwith, with a giggle angle- out of boredom i posted it here to keep the discussion light and airy like a fairy cake or a frosty jack.

ho ho!

please all avoid using phrases like "spakker", "pedant" and "child molester"

i'm doing this for an essay on the anthropology of the internet so please keep it insightfull.

• 2 weeks later...
Im not a moderator but Im friends with a few and I live with a webmaster. I cant say that theres anything that stands out about any of them and screams, Im captain sensible. The mods I know have the ability to see two sides of an argument (though they dont have to agree with it) and know when something looks like it is going to kick off. I think its all an all just an ability to be mature, take on responsibility and not let your personal feelings get too involved.

I can only speculate to why they do it. I can assume that in the case of this site... is that they care about the music scene, enjoy contributing and enjoy watching the site grow.

Jesus :puke:

Guest Steven Dedalus
Im not a moderator but Im friends with a few and I live with a webmaster. I cant say that theres anything that stands out about any of them and screams, Im captain sensible. The mods I know have the ability to see two sides of an argument (though they dont have to agree with it) and know when something looks like it is going to kick off. I think its all an all just an ability to be mature, take on responsibility and not let your personal feelings get too involved.

I can only speculate to why they do it. I can assume that in the case of this site... is that they care about the music scene, enjoy contributing and enjoy watching the site grow.

That's the least funny joke I've ever heard.*

Oh yeah, that wasn't a joke...

Anyway....

I forget what the question is.

(even though it's at the top of the page and I can see it)

*The funniest joke I've ever heard being:

What's red, orange and yellow and looks good on hippies?

Fire.