aberdeen-music

I'm bored of everything on my iPod.

Lemonade

I've got iTunes and a credit card to hand - recommend me some stuff.

My favourite bands are Weezer, The Ramones, The Cure, Muse, The Clash etc. so if you can think of something I might like I'm all ears.....

I also like some good old fashioned shouty punk bands like Sham 69, The Business, Stiff Little Fingers, Dead Kennedys, Black Flag, Misfits, Rancid, 999, The Damned etc..... and Bikini Kill.

Ooh, and I would like to expand my knowledge of 2 Tone.

Any suggestions for me to check out? :princess:

Guest DustyDeviada

Also, you might not always have an iPod - I dropped mine and replaced it with a Creative, which won't play AAC, so the (admittedly few) tracks I bought from iTunes won't play anymore.

Guest DustyDeviada
could you not burn those AAC tracks onto a cd, then re-rip them as mp3s?

Yes you could. You can even get software which will convert them directly to MP3. However either conversion process would degrade the sound quality even further, and it's not great to begin with.

My favourite bands are Weezer, The Ramones, The Cure, Muse, The Clash etc. so if you can think of something I might like I'm all ears.....

I also like some good old fashioned shouty punk bands like Sham 69, The Business, Stiff Little Fingers, Dead Kennedys, Black Flag, Misfits, Rancid, 999, The Damned etc..... and Bikini Kill.

Interesting mix of stuff there Elwood, possibles you might like as an extrapolation of what you currently have :

Juliette & The Licks - Four On The Flour

McQueen - Break The Silence

The 69 Eyes - Angels

36 Crazy Fists - A Snow Capped Romance

Skindred - Babylon

Wednesday 13 - Fang Bang

The Wildhearts - The Wildhearts

The Noisettes - What's The Time Mr Wolf

Exit Ten - This World They'll Drown

The Zico Chain - The Zico Chain

How about The Beat's first album and The Specials if you're looking for some 2 Tone stuff. There's loads of good Trojan collections knocking about too if you're looking for the influences on 2 Tone bands (I personally reccommend "The Trojan Story" a 2cd comp I picked up in ASDA for a fiver!) "This is England" soundtrack has a good mix of everything you mention - shouty punk and 2 Tone.

Going back a bit earlier in time, try The Creation - "Our Music is Red with Purple Flashes" for some early psych pop/punk or any of the "Nuggets" compilations also anything by The Stooges.