aberdeen-music

Fandangos!

Brymon

The original post is hilarious, I didn't think places like that existed any more. The thread title just remnded me of this though

fandango.gif

Great game!

I've never understood why everyone feels obliged to tip at every occasion, it's different if a waiter(waitress) puts on a exceptional service but why tip for doing a job they are paid to do anyway.

I just think it's very American. The American waiters need to rely on tips to boost their wage to a reasonable level - But that's not the case over here.

Has tipping always happened in the UK? Or just in recent times?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never understood why everyone feels obliged to tip at every occasion, it's different if a waiter(waitress) puts on a exceptional service but why tip for doing a job they are paid to do anyway.

I just think it's very American. The American waiters need to rely on tips to boost their wage to a reasonable level - But that's not the case over here.

Aberdeen doesn't have much of a tipping culture compared to some over places in the UK. Glasgow is quite good for it. Tips are ace.

Great game!

Having been a waiter at some point or another, i usually always give a tip. The size of the tip depends on how much of a pain in the arse i've been. Waiters and waitresses are usually way underpaid(In my opinion) when you consider how much work they have to do.

I suppose it depends on the restraunt...im not gonna tip at fandangos unless the waiter actually cuts up my turkey dinosaurs and personaly spoons the beans onto my plate.

I don't tip my hairdresser.

I don't tip takeaway delivery drivers either.

I do tip at restaurants though, usually 10% or nearest round number unless it's been shite (no tip). Occasionally taxi drivers if they've done well (short route, good chat).

Fuck me Chris, you must need a pneumatic drill to prise your wallet open :laughing:

Well there's never any cash in the damn thing anyway!

I believe tips should be a reward for doing an exceptional job, not a part of someone's everday pay.

yeah that's fair enough, I tip everybody regardless of service, waiters, taxi drivers, hairdressers - unless they are REALLY shite. You know the saying about the fool and his money....