aberdeen-music

Fandangos!

Brymon

I've just been on the phone to my bro, Chi666, if you don't know, and he was telling me he had just been for a meal at Fandangos down at the beach.

I'm posting this up as he doesn't have his internet working in his new flat and i thought i would post this up as the people of Aberdeen, if the dont know, really need to know.

So Chi, his missus and our other brother were looking to go for something to eat, so since they had never been, they decided to go to Fandangos.

At Fandangos they now have a buffet, so they opted to pay the 11 it is for the buffet.

So after ordering their drinks, they went up to the buffet, what the saw there, wasn't what was expected. (When he told me what was on at the buffet, i couldnt do anything for pissin myself laughing).

There was Potato smile faces (half Cooked), Potato rockets as in Potato's shaped as rockets!! Spagetti Hoops, Turkey Dinosaurs, Sausage cassarole (with one or two sausages) and Macaroni cheese with a solid crusty layer on top and no spoon to serve it with!! I know i would have left then but they stuck it out for a few minutes more.

When they had realised that it wasnt getting any better and Barry (the other Brother) decided he was just gonna walk out, they got the waitress over to tell her they were only paying for their drinks. As Chi said, the waitress looked as though she had heard this so many times before, went and got the manager, who gave them their money back with absolutley no fuss!!

I know i went when it first opened and i wasn't impressad at all. Seems bad, because with the competion that is around there, having a restaraunt with standards like that is ridiculous.

Has anyone else been and what did you guys think. I know if i was gonna pay 11 for a buffet i would expect a little better (granted i dont know what else was there and this is second hand information. I do trust my two brothers)!! But Turkey Fuckin Dinosaurs!!!!!

Turkey Fuckin Dinosaurs!!! :swearing:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tam o' Shantie

it was a fiver each when me and my mate went, and i counldnt fucking believe it. burgers that looked like they came out of a tin. repulsive food by the bucketload, you'd have to pay me to eat it if i were in charge. the maitre d' was also very poorly presented and with an attitude that left a lot to be desired. i woulnd't wish a bite of their food on my worst enemy.

Well folks, if you go to eateries frequented by Van Drivers & Minks, it's only fair expect to find food aimed at Van Drivers & Minks - like Fandangos, McDonalds, Jimmy Chungs etc...

Still, if you're a sportswear, celtic tattoo or body-piercing afficionado, these places offer you a chance to view all the current styles in situ.

Turkey Dinosoaurs is taking the piss though, even for the dregs of society.

It's next to Amadeus, used to be a sports bar, can't remember the name of waht it used to be. I think the first one was in Ellon.

oh aye, know where you are now. i remember it being a sports bar. guess that's what you get if you eat down the beach. though frankie and bennys does good puddings.

Well folks, if you go to eateries frequented by Van Drivers & Minks, it's only fair expect to find food aimed at Van Drivers & Minks - like Fandangos, McDonalds, Jimmy Chungs etc...

To be fair I would say Chungs is a bit better than the others but their food is still horrendous.

Reminds me of school dinners.

Guest DustyDeviada
Jimmy Chungs at the beach is decent as long as you go when the schools are back and during the week. You're fucked otherwise as the quality of food and cleanliness goes to hell when there dozens of little shits shoving their hands in everything. That really goes for any buffet though. You can't really complain for 6. Service is iffy.

I'm curious as to how service can be iffy at a buffet? :)

PS As a former waiter/barman, I usually like to be reasonably generous with tips, but when it comes to buffets I go all Mr Pink.

Still, if you're a sportswear, celtic tattoo or body-piercing afficionado, these places offer you a chance to view all the current styles in situ.

Turkey Dinosoaurs is taking the piss though, even for the dregs of society.

You know those moments when you wish you'd kept your big stupid mouth shut?

Well, I was supposed to be meeting at a friend at Frankie & Benny's today for lunch.

When I arrived there, my friend was standing outside....

"Dah funcy it in there, too noisy - let's go next door"

Fuckin' Fandangos!!! - not 2 hours after I posted the above!

Two pishy coffees later and I'm sloping out the door with my dark glasses on :O

ps - not a Van Driver in site, in fact apart from us, there was no-one else in the place. My friend had a swatch at the buffet and was horrified!

Hah! Serves you right!

So did you have any food or was coffee the only thing worth risking?

Nah! the waitress got a sharp NO! when she asked if we'd be eating!

Coffee was pish.

Someone mentioned Chiquitos earlier - the wee Billy Mitchell looky-likely waiter from there now works in Fandangos. Same people skills o_O

Ooooooh! I didn't realise you joined him on his great adventure. Apparently the only cider you can get there is "Havana". Dark times indeed :p

From what I here you get a similar reaction if you actually (god forbid) ask someone to do some work. :p

Pffft - He joined ME :laughing:

The cider-addicted madman broke rank and all protocol to join some crazy Zimbabwean on a (successful) quest to find some.

Fortunately the came back safe and sound in time for us to head for Pub Royale.

And THAT, is another story....

The original post is hilarious, I didn't think places like that existed any more. The thread title just remnded me of this though

fandango.gif

A blast from the past!

You've got me all misty-eyed there!

"Grim" is certainly how I'd describe Aberdeen's Fandango (and the other purveyors of "slop" across the road from the Broadhill Bar)