aberdeen-music

Mom...the Video Broke!

Wax

I take it the ability to charge so little for drinks on a wednesday has been made possible by the price hike on Friday and Saturday? 3.05 a vodka coke and with a door charge on top of that most of the time :(

Working Mon-Fri I can only go out at the weekend and I've found myself putting off going to Snafu till later in the night recently because the prices are so steep.

The door price varies depending on the profile of guest playing. Having a door price guarantees that the crowd inside are there for the music and atmosphere. The fact people make the effort to come to our end of town and then pay entry is admirable and encouraging for a club that is doing its upmost to provide an interesting and high quality alternative.

As for drink prices, we're actually cheaper at the weekend than most bars in town, i.e. Revolution, Soul, Paramount and many more. If you went to comparable clubs down south you would be hitting 4 - 5 per drink. Clubs have always traditionally had slightly more expensive drinks than bars. Unlike a bar, our license makes it obligatory to have doormen on after 11pm every night. Add in marketing, staffing and entertainment costs. Plus ask places like Drummonds how much their PA costs them in electricity use! I wish it was as simple as merely putting a percentage hike on top of the cost price!

I understand what you're saying but I can confirm that no one at Snafu is becoming filthy rich by charging these bar prices! Everyone from the bar staff to the directors are doing this basically because they love the club and the ethos behind it. Hopefully this goes some way to explaining your concerns. I do genuinely believe that we are very competitive when it comes to pricing and hopefully you see where we're coming from.

I must add though that on resident nights we are free entry before 11pm and our drink prices probably undercut the bars you would drink in before coming down - although nothing does quite compare with supermarket prices.

Yeah man, I was thinking about it after I posted that and felt a bit stupid, I'm quite happy paying whatever price for drinks to keep the only good thing about Aberdeen nightlife going.

It's just cos I've been so skint lately I've been hangin around with the strange alcoholics in archies till about 1am then heading over! Working two jobs now to fund the habit so it's soooooooooooound. Keep up the good work.