aberdeen-music

For Sale: Custom Build PC

Martin

I'm selling one of one of my home PCs. I suspect I would get most money by selling off the components individually on eBay, but it would be more convenient for me to sell it quickly as a complete PC. I built it a year ago, and my main remit was to build a very powerful but suitably quiet PC for home recording and gaming.

Here's the vital statistics:

Case

Can't remember the make and model of the case, but it's a black glossy case to which I fitted soundproofing material (purpose built rubber and foam kit) to the inside of.

Motherboard

ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe

(based on nVidia nForce 4 chipsets)

which supports Socket 939 CPUs, DDR400/DDR333/DDR266 memory, SLI (double graphics cards etc)

and has 2x gigabit ethernet ports, onboard audio, loadsa USB2.0 and all the other usual Motherboard stuff...

Processor

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ (it's a dual core CPU, which is basically the same as having two 2.21GHz processors giving total of 4.42GHz)

Memory

2Gb of fast DDR400 RAM

HDDs

Two identical 300Gb Seagate Barracuda HDDs (can be used as two seperate drives, or in a RAID configuration. I've been using them in a RAID Stripe which is the same as having a single 600Gb HDD but the access speed is double that of a single drive!!!)

Graphics

nVidia GeForce 7800 GTX based card

Optical Drives

One LG 52x CD-RW drive

Two Pioneer 8x DVD+/-RW drives (yes, that's right, two of them...perfect for unattended DVD copying)

FloppyDD

Yes

Soundcard

M-Audio Audiophile 24/96 (which basically means it handles up to 24-bit 96KHz recording - It's part of their "Delta" range of cards, which is top of the range for PCI interface).

Software

I'll be completely wiping the HDDs, so it's up to the buyer to supply their own OS and software. I can advise if buyer is unsure.

Price

500 (total cost of components was approx 1250 about a year ago)

I would also mention that I am an IT Professional, and that this PC was built to a high standard using completely new components throughout.

If you're looking for a PC for a home recording studio that is also capable of running the latest games etc, this is an amazing PC for the price.

Please post any questions as a reply to this thread and I will answer them ASAP.

If you're interested in buying the PC, send me a private message via here and I'll send you back my contact details ASAP.

Martin

Forgot to mention, I've also got two 19inch flat widescreen monitors by Acer which I'll add as a 150 option. Not selling seperate till the PC's gone tho.

Dual screen is lovely, especially if using Cubase, Sonar etc.

So 500 for the PC, or 650 with two 19" monitors. If the monitors don't sell with the PC, I'll sell them seperately.

• 2 weeks later...