aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Stripey

American police electrocute student

I'll admit its shocking, and I hope all the coppers involved get spit-roasted for it...but you have to admit...the guys "Ow, Ow, Ow!" did sound as fake as a fat prostitute's orgasm.

He was hardly going to break free, and i think regardless of whether he was warned, there was no way that tasering (or tasing) him was proportional to his supposed resistance. And I'm not one for automatically jumping on the anti-authority wagon either.

looked like fairly "mild tasering" my understanding is that the use of a taser can be fatal in some circumstances, especially if the recipient has any sort of heart trouble. involuntary defecation is not uncommon with these events as well....

for my money, the guy was persistent, a little bit annoying, but without a doubt the response by the authorities was disproportionate, and as a previous poster has pointed out, has given the fellow a lot of exposure.

i am very uncomfortable with what is becoming acceptable, as an example the forceable removal of labour party members at a conference a few years ago, allegedly by "labour enthusiasts" who later turned out to be paid bouncers...

Being held down by half a dozen burly cops, clearly immobilised, and then electrocuted is the kind of shit that you would expect to happen somewhere like zimbabwe, kerry said 3 times that it was ok, he would answer the kids question.

In the CNN video one of the cops holding him down is clearly laughing.

A judge has ordered the victim to be released from prison.

YouTube - Power-hungry cop takes over Walter's

The band Two Gallants getting the same treatment because there was complaint about the volume and the cop went up on stage. Quite an interesting story that follows on that can be found in and around their website, I think. The cop was 'power panicking'.

Comforting to know that the police here are beginning to be issued with the things isn't it?

Well, he was a big guy, and he had swung for a few of the cops, and he continued to struggle after repeated warnings that he was going to be tasered. It's a judgement call by the police, maybe with hindsight they could have handled it better but their first priority was to ensure the safety of the Senator and the other people in the room. If he broke free, there was no way of knowing what he would do.

i can't believe im reading this shit o_O

Well, he was a big guy, and he had swung for a few of the cops, and he continued to struggle after repeated warnings that he was going to be tasered. It's a judgement call by the police, maybe with hindsight they could have handled it better but their first priority was to ensure the safety of the Senator and the other people in the room. If he broke free, there was no way of knowing what he would do.

Are you kidding Dave? Seriously? The guy asked fairly legitimate questions, if slightly awkward and Kerry is clearly heard saying he wanted to answer them. He's a long way from Peter bloody Dow anyway. Arresting him, throwing him to the floor and then tazering him because he asked questions is blatantly over the top.

"Inciting a riot" what a fucking joke.

Are you kidding Dave? Seriously? The guy asked fairly legitimate questions, if slightly awkward and Kerry is clearly heard saying he wanted to answer them. He's a long way from Peter bloody Dow anyway. Arresting him, throwing him to the floor and then tazering him because he asked questions is blatantly over the top.

"Inciting a riot" what a fucking joke.

They didn't taser him for asking questions, they asked him a few times to sit down and stop asking the questions, which he didn't do, and he got ample warning. He got tasered for struggling.

They held him down and then electrocuted him, they could have just cuffed him. The sickening grin on one of the cops faces while the guy is screaming in agony should be evidence enough to have all of them sacked and prosecuted.

I don't know why any of you would seek to justify this, maybe you've seen one too many episodes of 24?

They didn't taser him for asking questions, they asked him a few times to sit down and stop asking the questions, which he didn't do, and he got ample warning. He got tasered for struggling.

they had no right to interfere with his questions in the first place. as chris posted he was removed for supposedly 'inciting a riot', plainly bullshit, not hogging the microphone. he was completely restrained when he was tasered... besides one guy struggling shouldn't be a problem to half a dozen police officers. if it was they shouldn't be allowed to do that job, let alone carry fucking weapons. this 'struggling' largely consisted of removing his arms from the grip of the officers and saying 'what am i being arrested for' and similar. he hasn't 'swung for' anyone.

they asked him a few times to sit down and stop asking the questions

Freedom of fucking speech!

And the guy was throwing his arms in the air, reinforcing to bystanders that he was being physically passive. The police shouldn't have had their hands on him in the first place.

Guest Steven Dedalus
Meh. I was just in a bad mood last night. I don't really care.

Well, all's well that ends well!