aberdeen-music

Ace Bioshock review

Teabags

Best review ever.

Should keep a look out for that guy - there's some serious comedic talent going on there.

Dumb it down for the "console 'tards" - fabulous!!!

Consoles are bought by Van Drivers for their emotionally neglected kids (usually Jordan, Shane or Ryan), because they are expensive and are saturation advertised between the reality shows and soap operas.

Best review ever.

Should keep a look out for that guy - there's some serious comedic talent going on there.

Dumb it down for the "console 'tards" - fabulous!!!

Consoles are bought by Van Drivers for their emotionally neglected kids (usually Jordan, Shane or Ryan), because they are expensive and are saturation advertised between the reality shows and soap operas.

How very pretentious......

I bought a console purely so I could play Pro Evo with my mates. Then they all bought 360s with Pro Evo and nobody wants to play my PS2 version any more. I dunno much about games. I completed Reservoir Dogs in 2 sittings. Thought it was kinda fun. I used to play all the Tony Hawks games but the last one was balls so I gave up on it. First one I haven't completed. I still maintain the best game ever made was Goldeney on N64 :up:

Haha, that was pretty good.

Although I thought Bioshock was good, I was well pissed off paying money for a game which seemed like it took a few hours to complete.

Agreed. also going through it either harvesting or saving the little sisters had little to no bearing on the overall story..changed the ending sequence but i expected more of a difference

Agreed. also going through it either harvesting or saving the little sisters had little to no bearing on the overall story..changed the ending sequence but i expected more of a difference

It's a very pretty, very cut down version of SS2. The get-spotted-by-security-cam-and-get-attacked-by-pipe-wielding-muties thing got a bit old after the first level.

Same deal with the tape recoder (Bio) vs PDA disk (SS2).

All the effort that went into making one of the best looking games ever and not a great deal of time spent on a decent storyline.

They created this wonderful art deco subsea world, but never really explored or explained the underlying technology.

Stylistically, I thought it ripped off Sky Captain and The World of Tomorrow (best fun sci-fi movie no-one has ever seen)

Very pretty though.....

...and a steal at just 15 http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/trading-post/45494-pc-games-sale.html#post623737 :p

It's a very pretty, very cut down version of SS2. The get-spotted-by-security-cam-and-get-attacked-by-pipe-wielding-muties thing got a bit old after the first level.

Same deal with the tape recoder (Bio) vs PDA disk (SS2).

All the effort that went into making one of the best looking games ever and not a great deal of time spent on a decent storyline.

The reason why I like Bioshock is because it is a 'spiritual successor' to System Shock 2.

However, one gripe I have is that they should have never made it for the 360 and focused on a more complex gaming experience for pc - the gameplay was way too consoley (they probably did that to make even more cash, although I think that would have been a decision by 2K and not Irrational Games considering they have made some of the most innovate and incredible PC games the casual gaming crowd probably don't know such as Thief, SS, SWAT 4 etc. and they have never really been about making the biggest profit).

System Shock 2 is the absolute fucking daddy. Any PC gamer who hasn't played it needs a fucking smack.