aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
flip

The Wispa is back!!!

Good news everyone, the 'Wispa' is back on the shelves as of 8th October 2007.

Thanks to all those great people out there who signed the online petition, the overwhelming demand gave Cadbury's little choice but to give in to our needs :)

and now I get to eat one of my fav chocolate's again, yummy!!!

:woohoo:

You'd bloody hope so. Its quite bizarre that this hasn't been a bigger news story.

That should be reserved for the likes of Cremola Foam.

Im well chuffed at this. I hope they bring back Wispa Gold, and the mint one. Online petitions are starting to take their toll with Sky Sports also giving into one and putting the football score back to the top left of the screen.

I don't think I ever bothered to try the wispa.

Cadbury's must be desperate if they need to bring back the wispa.

Yes that's right smalltime, struggling Cadburys are pinning their hopes on the Wispa to save them from going bust.

Im well chuffed at this. I hope they bring back Wispa Gold, and the mint one. Online petitions are starting to take their toll with Sky Sports also giving into one and putting the football score back to the top left of the screen.

When did Sky Sports not have the football score in the top left? ?(

Guest DustyDeviada

I thought Ringos were supposed to be coming back as well, haven't seen them anywhere.

Can't say I'm too fussed about Wispas. Mind you, I'm diabetic.

When did Sky Sports not have the football score in the top left? ?(

From the beginning of the new season up until about last week.

Proper annoying when it was in the bottom left as well.

I didn't actually realise the Wispa was gone, but I'm glad it's back, particularly if they re-introduce Wispa Gold - it was a damn fine bar.

I thought Fuse was pretty under-rated.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

man, who the hell cares? how many people actually noticed that this product had left our shelves?

ahh I didnt realise they just meant the orginial wispa! I'm sure most of us would rather see the "Wispa Gold" back, that was the one everyone loved really wasn't it?

I guess they will same that for their marketing campaign next year...

man, who the hell cares? how many people actually noticed that this product had left our shelves?

I care God Damn it! I care about a chocolate bar I didn't realise was gone, but now is back.

I may not buy one again but I CARE. If that's a crime then lock me up and throw away the key.

I don't think Cadburys are desperate to bring a bar back...that makes no sense at all Camie. Wispas were great and I'm looking forward to them coming back...especially if they bring the mint one back.

Fuses were rather fine too...

That should be reserved for the likes of Cremola Foam.

I fucking loved Cremola Foam. My heart shattered when it was taken out of my child-like hands.

As for the Wispa... it was the god of the Cadbury collection and frankly, it's disappearance was insulting. Apparently the "Dairy Milk Bubble" was suppose to fill the void. It doesn't even have the milk and dark chocolate mix that makes the Wispa so delicious.

I am so excited by this news that I'm tempted to arrange a trip to Macro to buy a big box.

I thought Ringos were supposed to be coming back as well, haven't seen them anywhere.

not much word online either, saw this though:

I ~ L O V E ~ C R I S P S: Ringos - Cheese & Onion

i had that dairy milk bubbles the other day, quite liked it, that's when i heard about the Wispa comeback. I'm chuffed that Worcester Sauce crisps made a comeback. Love them!

Guest DustyDeviada
I'm chuffed that Worcester Sauce crisps made a comeback. Love them!

Did they ever go away?

Sharon, you've been a posting demon these past couple of days. Any particular reason?

Not really.

I've been overworked and in a foul mood in the office. Brain was completely shot and I was left on my own. Blah blah.

Did they ever go away?

They did indeed, with "IT'S BACK" on the new packs!

The explanation on wikipedia is:

Out of circulation January 2006.

Now back on sale as of July 2007

Reason behind discontinuation was of poor sales and the food dye scare.

Read somewhere else that it was removed during the food dye scare as it had an illegal dye ingredient that can cause cancer.

Thing is though, the aero was always soo much better than a whispa :p

They still sell aeros...right? ?( And the orange ones, and the mint ones with the different coloured bubbles on the inside...havn't had one of them in years!