aberdeen-music

New Band Practice Studios Open

Neilatmusa

New Band Practice Studios Open At Transition Extreme Sports Centre, At Aberdeen Beach Next To The Patio Hotel.

Yamaha Drums, Zildyan Zxt Cymbals, Fender Fm65r Lead Amps And Fender Rumble Bass Amps, Mackie Pa

Weekdays After 4pm, Or By Special Arrangement

All Day Weekends

Bias Towards Making Accessible And Affordable For Young Bands. Chance To Play Live At Transition And Elsewhere.

Call Transition On 01224 626279 .......... Or Pop In And Ask To See The Studios.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Captain tom's practice spaces sound really, really dead - which i don't like. The guitar amps in each room are (or were) horrible old Lany solid states and the microphones smell of puke. It's location is pretty good, but other than that it's a total shipwreck run by a bunch of aging tool fans that smoke grass all day. :down:

P.S. Are transition going to start putting on shoes? that would be great!

Captain tom's practice spaces sound really, really dead - which i don't like. The guitar amps in each room are (or were) horrible old Lany solid states and the microphones smell of puke. It's location is pretty good, but other than that it's a total shipwreck run by a bunch of aging tool fans that smoke grass all day. :down:

P.S. Are transition going to start putting on shoes? that would be great!

they should really put on some shoes soon. could get smelly...

Guest Startex

What about Foyer Music?

There's always Foyer Music. Really good gear and very cheap, only 10 an hour. The room's not as big as Tom's or Musical Vision but it's really central, very supportive staff and really good gear.

:up:

• 2 weeks later...

I've only been to Musical Vision once but I was less than impressed to say the least. For a start the room had wooden flooring and hard plaster walls, which pretty much put paid to any plans we had of sounding good. The room was long and narrow so were all miles away from each other, the amps seemed to just be piled in the middle of the room and there were no seats. I've used Toms for years and though admittedly some of the equipment can be suspect at times (though if I've ever mentioned it they're usually happy to swap it), it's got the best sound, great staff, you can have a beer and he sells pickled onion space raiders :rockon:

• 4 weeks later...

Agreed - room 4 is shit.

Room 2 and 5 are Musical Visions best rooms.

Not been to Toms in ages, was getting pretty old...

Never been to Transition Extremes rehearsal rooms, but if the are anywhere near as unorganised as their shambolic battle of the bands (held in a giant tin indoor skate-park for the worst possible acoustics) then I'm probably not missing much.

• 1 month later...
Guest Startex
The foyer isn't that great I was there last night and really wished I was at Toms

?(

What didn't you like about it? The price? The fact that nobody else in your band turned up? The gear? The size? I'm all ears as to how we can improve it.

im may not be the member above but there was two things which bugged me a little

firstly i brought my guitar head along thinking there was a cab to plug it into and i only found out there were 2 marshall combo amps >> maybe make this a bit clearer on your website.

secondly was that some of the quipment seemed to be thrown in one side of the room on stands they were falling over consistantly, maybe a multistand would make the place look a little less clutered.

sorry if it seems like im having a go im a fussy bugger i know tht.

however the recordings ive heard from there are top notch :up: