aberdeen-music

Lead Guitarist needed 40+

koolsville

We're looking for a lead guitarist to complete our line-up. We have a drummer, vocalist, bass and rhythm guitar in place. We're fairly recently formed but have gigged already with a temporary lead and have gigs and rehearsals lined up in the coming months.

All of us are over 40, so we'd prefer someone in our own age group, but if you're not bothered about age gaps then neither are we.

We are working on our own material and are concentrating on some choice covers at the moment while we perfect our sound.

We'd prefer someone who is not already in a band as we're looking for a bit of commitment.

Influences are broad and include, but are not restricted to: Elvis (Presley and Costello), Johnny Cash, Eddie Cochran, Johnny Burnette Rock 'n' Roll Trio, The Animals, Rolling Stones, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Led Zepplin, Cream, Bahaus, The Clash, XTC, Billy Idol, The Cramps, The Stray Cats, Tom Petty, Crowded House.

Our sound is a blend of Rockabilly, Rock 'n' Roll, Country Blues and Rock and we have no intention of becoming a pub cover band if that's your concern.

Drop me a PM or post below if you're interested having a try out at our next jam at Toms.

• 2 weeks later...

Old Guitarist Geezer Wanted

Hi,

Don't know if you've found anyone yet but I'm 50 and looking to play again. I've historically always played in 'function' bands so have plenty of 'gigging' experience but willing to tackle anything. I'm a solid rythm guitarist with vocals and some lead - don't know if that's any help to you. I have broad influences and enjoy most styles except obvious shit - I prefer melody and harmony. I have Fender Amp, Strat & Telecaster, Gibson Les Paul and recently bought a Line 6 guitar that models heaps of guitar sounds including acoustics.

I'm happy to meet at Captain Toms for a jam.

John 01569 731998 Work 01224 297580

From algorhythm

Koolsville

Your musical influences seem like an interesting mix and I'm into much of what's been listed. I'm 55 and have had a lot of band/gig experience, pro gear, harmony vocals. You can hear me if you google in Simon Abbott drum tutor. Simon played drums with me for several years before emigrating. In the music section of his website you can hear me with The Dave Harris Band and Virtual Floyd. As you will hear we paid attention to detail but for me it would be a refreshing change to depart from the script slightly and play about with some original material and varied styles. I also like the idea of doing "choice covers". A blues/country/rock blend sounds very interesting. I'm not in any other band. Feel free to email me at alan99manley@yahoo.co.uk, or ring 07749 876484, or contact me on this site. Good luck Alan