aberdeen-music

Bunch Of New Music On My Blog

Guest Giles Walker

Guest Giles Walker

There is a bunch of new music on the Electrique Boutique blog.

Including:

Some nice fidget house from a 17 year old producer from the Netherlands

Some reggae mashups from a man named Ruby in London

Some proper electronic goodness from Neil Landstrumm

Some minimal house stuff that all you kids are going mad for (oh wait, i'm in aberdeen)

Some mixes

Over the next couple of days i will be uploading some music from some local producers and the top ten records from some of the clubs that have run in the past in Aberdeen.

Check it out

Guest Giles Walker
Wow that sounds about 10 years old.

Although to be honest that particular track is meant to sound 10 years old. I notice you didn't say what genre it sounded like though.

Anyway there are some tracks by local boy Nil Munny (ie Neal Murray) on my blog just now or you all to check out. There will also be an interview with producer U-Tern up in the next few days. Check it out here

Whether you like it or not you are gonna be up to date with all the new dance music soon.

Also an edit that myself and Funky Transport did last year is up on the Ooft music blog along with an Earth, Wind and Fire remix he made.

Hang tight for a wee featurette about him with some tunes coming soon.

Although to be honest that particular track is meant to sound 10 years old. I notice you didn't say what genre it sounded like though.

After I posted that, I wasn't sure if the tune was actually from back then but couldn't be bothered to check. I've never heard it called "fidget house" until now though! It's pretty similar to a lot of stuff from london at that time, to me its just 4x4 with shuffle hats and daft basslines, borderline garage, armand van helden was doing it etc

Guest Giles Walker

Yeah i was just winding you up Stripy.

Switch and his folks were trying to push for a speed garage revival so that is why Beeper sounds so similiar to a lot of 96-97 tunes.

So there is no more confusion here are two songs that examplify the 'Fidget House' sound, both remixes of well known songs as well.

The Futureheads - Worry About It Later (Switch Remix)

Unkle Jam - I Love Ya (Herve Remix)

The fidget house term is a bit crap, but at least it makes the music easy to track down and it is a bit different from alot of other stuff kicking about nowadays.

Anyway this is only one of many styles of dance music that are covered in my blog, i haven't even touched on qwaito, kuduro or cumbia yet.

Guest Giles Walker

Yeah actually i do, it is fucking terrible.

I'm not gonna post it as i think i have already commited enough music piracy for one thread.

Here is a link to the discog page for it

If you are poking fun at the types of music i had mentioned i don't think that is fair as they have weird names because they are from other countries, where people have, like, different words for things and stuff.

Kwaito is from Africa, Cumbia is from Columbia and Kuduro is Angolian.

Anyway i'm sure you were just jesting so it doesn't matter.

• 7 months later...
Guest Giles Walker

We took a break but we are back again with some more interesting music from Kid Bell, Cutlass Supreme and an interesting interview with Recloose.

Check it out here

10 points for anyone who can guess the next post title.

Since the night has been raised from the dead the blog will be hoisted from the coffin again and paraded around the square for a while longer too.