aberdeen-music

Metal Night @ Moshulu!!!

fli$

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gonna have bands regularly?

The plan is to have bands every second night in the month, so it will be just the clubnight one week, then a fortnight later bands and the club, then a fortnight later just the club, and so on and so on...

All of the band nights will be part of the club and so will all be over 18s. This means the usual Moshulu "pay for gig entry, only get one drink per ID, get booted out after gig, only get let back in half an hour later after paying again" will be happily avoided.

We're trying to avoid the usual metal night "cliches" as such. The two DJs (Kharn who posted above being one of them!) are people who have gone to metal nights before and been bored at what they have heard. They want to do one which will be a bit different and keep everyone happy. I think the term used was "staying away from 'kerrang metal'"

I'm really hoping the night does well and manages to stay afloat, of course for it to do so we need everyone's support! Any suggestions (within reason :p) are welcome also, before and after the launch night.

Man, I wish I didn't type as I talk...everything ends up so long winded! :O

nae offence intended here, but good luck filling a club that size week in week out without the trendy stuff.

Ah Maxi, the bringer of doom! :p I know this, it was just a term - albeit a crap one. I think it meant more along the lines of, instead of playing the big hit off the album, play another good song off the album.

How's things anywhoo? Haven't seen/spoken to you in ages!

Indeed...we have all heard walk by pantera a million times and davidian and master of puppets.

What about blood for blood, dyers eve, and suicide note part 2?

Much better(or at least less heard) than thier hit counterparts.

Yes, yes and fucking yes! :up:

Warzone instead of Angel Of Death too!

Some Carcass, SYL and BLS would be nice too :D

This sounds absolutely fantastic. I really hope people attend this but I sadly suspect they may not.

My college starts at 11:15 on Friday so I should be able to make it as often as possible.

Great to see someone has finally took it upon themselves to avoid rock club cliches such

as;

Pantera - walk

Rage Against the Machine - killing in the name of

Disturbed - Down with the sickness

Metallica - enter sandman

This sounds absolutely fantastic. I really hope people attend this but I sadly suspect they may not.

My college starts at 11:15 on Friday so I should be able to make it as often as possible.

Great to see someone has finally took it upon themselves to avoid rock club cliches such

as;

Pantera - walk

Rage Against the Machine - killing in the name of

Disturbed - Down with the sickness

Metallica - enter sandman

it's "killing in the name" no "of"

sheesh,,, kids today

Shame it is a thursday night, means i prob wont ever be able to make it along.

Shame Abdysma are playing at the launch night, out of all the bands in aberdeen they picked the one of the worst!

Anyhow i am sure it will still be a good night, and i hope for the love of all things metal that it i actually busy and can stay busy unlike all the other new metal nights that have been created in the past. Good luck with it!