aberdeen-music

Scotland's greatest ever result?

Hugh_Jazz

Where to start!!

Saturday:

It all began in Cove at 7am with 8 of us catching a bus to the Lithuania game on the saturday. Lots of drink on the way down, followed by a stop off in Cambuslang for a pre-arranged pub lunch before heading to the game. Cue an Orange March walking past the pub!! We almost get arrested for singing Scotland songs at them :swearing:

To take my mind off them I stick 10 on Kris Boyd as first goalscorer (My horoscope in the Sun said luck comes from the initial K). Get to the game, curse Mikolaunas, cheer, go out after, crash out early.

Sunday:

Wake up and proceed to drag others out of bed to get to our pre-arranged "Hampden Experience" tour at 1.30pm. Great day, loads of interesting facts and great photo opportunities. 100% recommend it. There was even the Lithuanian tactics on the whiteboard (which i have a photo of, which'll get uploaded soon). Also had "3-1 to the Champions!" written on the Scotland whiteboard :up:

We then head to the pub for the Scotland rugby game. Stay out till 4amish (I crash out a little earlier), before getting a 5am taxi to the airport to Dusseldorf.

Monday:

Arrive somewhat worse for wear in Germany. Find Ouberhausen where we are staying with a mate and begin drinking again. Go to his show at night (he's in the Blue Man Group), then go out with the rest of the cast and get pissed.

Tuesday:

Wake up hungover again, play pro evo, then head to Paris Orly airport. After lots of searching we find our hostel. We get totally fleeced at a Restaurant whilst getting pretty pissed. Some ridiculous funny stories which I can't divulge upon ensue (Long story short, I think we somehow managed to break up an American's marriage, two girls' friendship and break into a McDonalds).

Wednesday:

Very little sleep, but excitement takes over! Get a silly amount of beer, cider and spirits then head to The Pylon. Absolutely breathtaking sight!! There must've been about 20,000 fans there (at least!!). We set up our camp at the sloped grass areas where the water features are in front of the tower. Craftily using the fountain as a place to keep our beer cold in the 25 degree C heat. Proceed to get royally drunk, play about in the fountain, have tourists take millions of photos of us, get interviewed by Radio 1 and kick footballs about under the tower.

The march from the tower was probably the highlight of the trip for me. 2 hours of walking with 20,000 scots singing and dancing through the streets of Paris was amazing, simply incredible.

Unfortunately the excitement got to me a little too much. Cue getting absolutely hammered to the point of not remembering reaching the stadium!! Youtube videos are being posted by my very kind mates of embarrassing dancing and pissing :down: I also booted a Fanta bottle off a policeman's head apparently (!)

Once in the ground about 8pm, I had an hour to sober up. I can remember the national anthem, i think! The atmosphere was indescribable (sp?). Much louder than any home game i've been too, for 120 minutes solid. Could see very few french where we were sat, and safe to say they weren't heard at all! I remember the goal, and have to rank the celebrations as the most crazy i've ever been a part of. More than Gary Caldwell in Oct, even more than John Rankin against Rangers! The next 30mins were nerve wracking as hell, but all that tension was worth it when we could enjoy a 20-30min sing song after the final whistle! When the french fans left, you could see we were all over the stadium. I'd even agree with some of the estimates of 25,000 Tartan Army footsoldiers there.

My mobile was red hot after the game, can't remember anything i said though!! Lots of partying long into the night, with a horrible hangover the next day.

Spent the whole of the next day sunbathing on some artificial grass put on an area near Notre Dam for a big screen to watch the Rugby World Cup games.

There are so many stories we have that I can't share, but believe me in saying the trip was the greatest thing I have ever done. Reading the paper today, I think some guy put it best with "I have 2 kids, but that day was better than either of their births!".

We all have lots of photos and videos that'll be posted, so will put links up when I have them. Off to search radio 1 for our interview.... was a bit pissed so don't know what I said!

How am I supposed to wind down for work on Monday now??

The march from the tower was probably the highlight of the trip for me. 2 hours of walking with 20,000 scots singing and dancing through the streets of Paris was amazing, simply incredible.

i was on a train for 4 hours today, so i read about 50 tabloids. and that was the bit that looked totally, totally fucking ace.