aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Hugh_Jazz

Scotland's greatest ever result?

What a bunch of legends.

If there's ever been a better result, I've not heard about it. I've got the "Group of Death" table in front of me, and I cant stop giggling:

- Top of the group and ahead of last year's World Cup finalists.

- France beaten at home for the first time since the 90s.

- 6 points against the French.

Fucking yass! :up:

Guest Bob Double Jack
What a bunch of legends.

If there's ever been a better result, I've not heard about it. I've got the "Group of Death" table in front of me, and I cant stop giggling:

- Top of the group and ahead of last year's World Cup finalists.

- France beaten at home for the first time since the 90s.

- 6 points against the French.

Fucking yass! :up:

i am still gobsmacked. goes to show you that the sum of a team is greater than the individual parts of it.

hello austria and switzerland??? or is that tempting fate?

a tremendous result no doubt about it but still much work to be done but euro 2008 qualification is there for the taking. and even better for scotland its in your own hands at the moment. they reckoned 7 points from the last three games and you're there.

Fucking tremendous night. One of the best of my life. That's pretty much the best result EVER for Scotland.

Never seen a place go so mental when we scored that goal.

Fantastic.

That's pretty much the best result EVER for Scotland.

Fantastic.

utter bollocks, playing England off Wembley Park & beating them as world champions will never ever be surpassed.

Guest DustyDeviada
utter bollocks, playing England off Wembley Park & beating them as world champions will never ever be surpassed.

Hmm, that was just a "friendly" wasn't it? I would say that the French game, as a competitive match, carries a bit mor weight but who knows.

Anyhoo, the 67 result against England may or may not be surpassed, but it will never be repeated. ;)

Didn't we beat Argentina as world champions as well? May have been the game that ended Willie Miller's career? But it was also a friendly.

But last night was certainly the best result of the last 30 years. It was said we needed a miracle to qualify, well we've now had 2.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Don't mean to piss on the bunting or anything, but we will probably be left needing at least a point against Italy. They're pretty good at this game...

More likely, we'll fuck it against Georgia.

Great result last night for Scotland, would be ace to see them win the group.

Not bad for england either - although the second half was a bit dull.

Reluctantly went to Stadia to watch it and quite glad i did.

They handed out free stovies and gave everyone a free pint if we won.

Town was just buzzing the whole night.

Great victory from our best squad in 10 years.

Honestly thought we were going to get humped once Fletcher got replaced by Pearson but just shows how much I know!

I spent the entire day at work with the sound of the Proclaimers going DAH DA DAH DAHH (DAH DA DAH DAHH) DAH DA DAH DAHH (DAH DA DAH DAHH ) in my head.

It destroyed my acca, but I really didn't care......

Glasgow was amazing last night. After the game there was a big sing-along on Sauchiehall St with a few hundred people. Lasted about 15 mins until the police showed up and slowly moved people on.

Looking forward to hearing RossP's version of the events.

For some reason I wasn't looking at the screen when Mcfadden took the shot and turned around just in time to see the ball hit off Landreau's hand and end up in the net, but even that seemed to take a million years, and it took even longer for it register in my brain.

Didn't we beat Argentina as world champions as well? May have been the game that ended Willie Miller's career? But it was also a friendly.

nah, the miller game was against norway, wasn't it? and i seem to recall aberdeen's very own fan's favourite stewarty mckimmie scored the winner against the argies. but i haven't checked either of those statements...

YouTube - Scotland - It's like a dream!!! (McFadden V France)