aberdeen-music

Fallout 3 and the Subject of Games Being Butchered

Has anyone ever played Interplay's classic Fallout or Fallout 2?

If you have and loved it to death, then the prospect of Fallout 3 being developed in someone elses hand seems a bit frightening.

Will the spirit of the game be preserved or will it be a bloody massacre?

I don't know...does anyone?

I suppose it looks good, but we're keeping in mind that Fallout goes 3D for the first time. I for once will probably feel a little nostalgic, but it's very early days yet.

There was never a huge difficulty with the "follow up" to System Shock 2...but this is a big transition...

What do you guys think...any Fallout fans here?

Fallout 3 site

(scheduled for fall of 2008)

fallout_banner.jpg

Guest Steven Dedalus

Fallout and Fallout 2 are two of the best games ever made. I once spent 34 hours playing Fallout 2 in one session without actually realising. Time well spent in my opinion.

On the subject of the new one, from what I've seen of ti, even thought they've changed it a lot, the essential spirit of the game still seems to be there, so I'm still looking forward.

I actually liked Fallout: Tactics, even though the entire world seemed to think it was absolute guff. Ok, it had nothing to do with the original series at all, but it still looked nice, and I'm a real sucker for post-apocalyptic things.

Fallout and Fallout 2 are two of the best games ever made. I once spent 34 hours playing Fallout 2 in one session without actually realising. Time well spent in my opinion.

On the subject of the new one, from what I've seen of ti, even thought they've changed it a lot, the essential spirit of the game still seems to be there, so I'm still looking forward.

I actually liked Fallout: Tactics, even though the entire world seemed to think it was absolute guff. Ok, it had nothing to do with the original series at all, but it still looked nice, and I'm a real sucker for post-apocalyptic things.

amazing. i share your passion.

i think i spent weeks, if not months playing those games.

still, i think i missed out minor quests...possibly due to bugs, mmh.

i hope the new one just retains that spirit of the old game you're talking about.

i think its interesting though how Bioshock shares the same look/feel of Fallout.

• 1 year later...