aberdeen-music

Jim Davidson - Homophobic?!

TR!ΔNGL€ T€€TH

Guest DustyDeviada

Apparently so... Next thing you know we're going to find out he isn't too keen on foreigners.

:D

I must admit, I've never watched Hell's Kitchen before, but Mrs Deviada was watching it last night so I had to.

It was compelling viewing. As someone who has hated Jim Davidson with a passion for as long as I can remember it was wonderful watching him throw away what was left of his career in a Jade Goody-stylee. The man is on another planet. How he thought he could still say things like "Shirtlifters have a certain look about them, don't they?" on prime time ITV1 I'll never know. I almost expected him to start doing his "hilarious" lazy rasta routine.

Alsmost as amusing was Paul Young, who was seemingly a friend of his, not knowing whether to defend him or not.

Hopefully that's the last we'll see of Davidson, but it does at least give me an opportunity to post this again:

jim_davidsons_passion.jpg

i'm not defending davidson's comments in any way but i really think its been blown out of all proportion (as is the norm for these kind of shows). davidson is such an easy target, the way dowling blubbered like a baby for what was some off the cuff remarks from a self confessed homophobic was pathetic. its like when that bint from emmerdale started crying when jimbo (rightly) had a word for burning something (not once but twice!).

jim davidson is a 54 year old alcoholic wife beater from another generation, you'd kind of expect him to refer to gays as 'shirtlifters'.

Guest DustyDeviada

Agree that Dowling is a complete tool and that he completely over-reacted to Davidson.

BUT I have no sympathy for Davidson, whether Dowling over-reacted or not he was mental to say that sort of thing in the first place, not just the shirtlifter remark, he also said something like "Why aren't heterosexual, white, male, normal people like me allowed to express an opinion?" :rolleyes:

Good riddance, the guy's a total nob end. And his worst crime is how unfunny he is.

Agree that Dowling is a complete tool and that he completely over-reacted to Davidson.

BUT I have no sympathy for Davidson, whether Dowling over-reacted or not he was mental to say that sort of thing in the first place, not just the shirtlifter remark, he also said something like "Why aren't heterosexual, white, male, normal people like me allowed to express an opinion?" :rolleyes:

Good riddance, the guy's a total nob end. And his worst crime is how unfunny he is.

not disagreeing with that either - davidson is his own worst enemy. good riddance to him, i'm sure he's having a nice bitter n twisted existence in dubai.

Guest DustyDeviada
Jim Davidson gets Indian carry-outs from the same place in Dubai as my Dad.

I'm sure they aren't secreting any bodily fluids whatsoever into his food, oh no. (Jim Davidson's food that is, not your Dad's. Unless your Dad's a prick as well.)

Broadcasting watchdog Ofcom said it had received 46 complaints over Davidson's "bullying" of Dowling.

Marco Pierre White's use of the word "pikey" in an edition of the programme last week had prompted 30 viewer complaints, it added.

Complaints from who?!?!?!?!?!

People should just Fuck Off and die if they're so easily offended.

Nah, my Dad's alright.

He once overheard Davidson speaking to folk at some golf club saying "I've just moved here to look for work" so my Dad went up and said "Really Jim? You're in luck, I'm looking for apprentice welders." (or something along those lines.)

And in all fairness, I highly doubt the Indian curry shop owners in Dubai have a scoobie who Jim Davidson is, asides from just another ex-pat in Dubai.

EDIT: Woah, ym Dad's name is James, ie Jim, and I'm his son, and my name's David. Jim; David-Son. Ace.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
People should just Fuck Off and die if they're so easily offended.

Agree 100%, the hand-wringing's really gone off the scale in the past few years.

Bunch of poofs.*

*That was a joke, and I sincerely hope nobody is offended by an off-the-cuff gag in relation to this thread.

Guest DustyDeviada
I was gonna make some sort of comment on why anyone was watching channel 3 anyway!

I'm currently watching The Alan Titchmarsh Show on ITV.

But only because Mark Knopfler is about to appear on it.

Rock and roll man.

He's a complete cunt. His stand up "comedy" relies on tired racial stereotypes and clichs. A dated comedian fucks his career up. See you in panto Jim.

i think even the panto world has shunned old jimbo nowadays!

he used to do those horrible smutty pantos with an adult nature....