aberdeen-music

New My Mind's Weapon song featuring....

Dan G

.... the vocal talents of Justin Hill of SikTh.

MySpace.com - MY MINDS WEAPON [TOUR DATES UP] - Aberdeen, UK - Metal / Hardcore / Progressive - www.myspace.com/mymindsweapon

It's called "At Least You're Not Dead"

It's not strictly a 'new' song... it's nearly 2 years old - but has been re-recorded.

Here's some lovely artwork that I did for it:

l_7c976cc0d8553492aac93b2f6177b081.jpg

We're also doing our first video (professionally) this weekend, so that should be up in the next month or so. Should apparently get a bit of MTV2/scuzz etc rotation (with any luck!)

Well I don't know if it's the feedback forum, ab-music or mmw that has changed over the last year - but when we previously recorded this song (a year ago) I posted an identical thread and it got ten pages of replies....

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/feedback-forum/37351-brand-new-my-minds-weapon-song.html

An enjoyable read indeed. ha.

Well I don't know if it's the feedback forum, ab-music or mmw that has changed over the last year - but when we previously recorded this song (a year ago) I posted an identical thread and it got ten pages of replies....

It's probably because Ben can't post a reply to try and antagonise everyone with.

I like what I hear though. When is the album going to be released?

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/feedback-forum/37351-brand-new-my-minds-weapon-song.html

An enjoyable read indeed. ha.

:up:

...... just a shame it got closed so quickly.

Your songs are getting good nothing personal with regards to the amusing petty bickerings from the past but the vocals are the off put for me.

It's probably because Ben can't post a reply to try and antagonise everyone with.

I like what I hear though. When is the album going to be released?

haha, yeah you're probably right.

Well the album has been finished for while, but Basick don't want to release it til the start of 08 so it can be labelled as "new for this year" rather than the tail end of 07. We're also hoping to get an early 08 tour with a bigger band to coincide.

However, the video we shot on sunday was looking cracking so we'll have that as well as another download only single available at the very start of november. So enought to keep ticking over at least!

Your songs are getting good nothing personal with regards to the amusing petty bickerings from the past but the vocals are the off put for me

That's fair enough, you can't please everyone all the time :)

Has Justin left Sikth? I heard that recently!

Both vocalists left dude. Justin and dan weller are in a band together called Minutes who play amazing epic piano driven pop... Sikth are still together and are getting a new vocalist. Dan let me hear heaps of riffs and ideas for their new album and it sounds amazing!

just noticed this, heh

Diezel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The following bands and artists use Diezel Amps: Tool, Metallica, Nine Inch Nails, Guns N' Roses, Die Toten Hosen, Rob Zombie, Slipknot, Helloween, Pur, Many Maurer, Staind, Abi von Reininghaus, Marc David, Muse, Brett Garsed, Fuel, Jim Harper, Stereo Transmitted Disease, Billy Corgan, Neils Nielsen, Korn, Wes Borland, Neal Schon, Buckethead and George Lynch, Mucc, Dan Goldsworthy (My Mind's Weapon), Rory Clewlow Enter Shikari, and Kaoru of Dir en grey.

There's also a 2 minute clip of one of our other songs on our label's site if you wanna check that one out - "the killing horizon", it's pretty heavy:

MySpace.com - BASICK RECORDS - NMS PRE-ORDERS NOW !!! - blastin fuck outta the, UK - Progressive / Metal / Hardcore - www.myspace.com/basickrecords

We also have a forum that has only just gone up recently for the one or two people that may be interested...:

Basick Records • Index page

Fuck yeah, i'm famous now!

Cheers for posting that :D

[EDIT: furthermore, Rory from Enter Shikari uses Diezel after I let him share mine (cos his ENGL blew up) for 3 days of one of our tours with them. That's my claim to utter z-list fame]

You're actually referenced as a band on the Diezel website too with a link to your myspace.