aberdeen-music

Kate McCann to be declared a suspect

delboy

It would seem that the evidence is starting to build against them - they're (apparently) coming back to the UK this morning, which just makes them look even more suspicious. ... blah etc

Drivel. Because they are now suspects the Police can order them to stay, but they have to build a case and apply for it. So the McCanns are returning to Britain before they can do that. Seems sensible considering they still have two other kids to care for. Whether they should have stayed out there this long is questionable, but surely it's better to get them back to the UK and to the rest of the family while they can.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drivel. Because they are now suspects the Police can order them to stay, but they have to build a case and apply for it. So the McCanns are returning to Britain before they can do that. Seems sensible considering they still have two other kids to care for. Whether they should have stayed out there this long is questionable, but surely it's better to get them back to the UK and to the rest of the family while they can.

Wait, I'm talking drivel, yet you're agreeing that it's sensible for them to run away from the possibility of charges against them? Surely if they are innocent, it makes sense to stay in Portugal and clear their name, rather than always have a cloud hanging over their possible guilt in the matter? As it stands, they could face the possibility of being extradited to Portugal if the police there make a strong enough case for them - and then where do their kids stand?

What a heap of shite. They're not allowed to come HOME because you say so? I'm sure that if I was in their shoes I'd do exactly the same thing so I could have my family, etc around me.

If I had the power over these things, I'd do exactly what the Government here has done and kept out of it, despite pressure from friends and family of the McCann's. But again, why run away now? There's a possibility that they could be forced to return to Portugal for more questioning - how's that going to look if it happens? But as I said, I suspect the case will now wind down - with no McCann's around, is it going to be worth the time of the Portuguese police building a case against the McCann's or kidnappers unknown?

Also, another point I'd like to make is this...there's been no confirmation that the blood in the car was Madeline's. If that was true, it would be a scene of crime, yet they were still driving it around...

From what the media reports have been saying, they're not able to get a definite match on the DNA and so subsequently can't prove what actually caused the DNA to be there (blood, toys, whatever). Apparently it was the answers given during questioning that made them suspect something wasn't adding up - but it just reeks of grasping at straws by the Portuguese police.

Notably, newspapers have been stating as fact that the police told the McCann's that 'the blood in the car was Madeleine's'. It seems a pretty powerful thing to say if it's not true - and if it is true, then I'm not surprised that they ran away.

I wonder how all the people that donated to the "Pay the McCann's to extend their holiday Fund" feel now that questions are arising over the McCann's possible involvement in the case?

there's no smoke without fire to coin an old cliche!!!!

Ack, I really don't know. The running away is suspicious, but given the McCann's conduct so far, it just seems yet another ill-judged move on their part. We shouldn't read too much into their status as formal suspects - it's a concept unknown in the UK, and relates more to their ability to keep silent and given certain legal rights as opposed to any actual suspicion of guilt.

I don't think this case will ever be resolved, though.

One British tourist shouted: "We believe you, Kate."

I bet that person's been to Wimbledon and shouted "come on Tim" too.

Hahaha.

There were also apparently people there booing her as she went in. I don't know what kind of world we live in that tourists actually stand outside police stations to cheer or boo murder suspects. It's not the Big Brother final.

Wait, I'm talking drivel, yet you're agreeing that it's sensible for them to run away from the possibility of charges against them?

No, I'm not. I'm saying they probably decided that now there was a chance they would be forced to stay in Portugal, it would be better if they could take the twins home themselves and settle them with the extended family. Then if necessary they can go back. Better that than wait in Portugal until they can't go back and then what would happen to the twins?. They're not running away - the fact they're not in the Country is not going to stop them being charged - they're just doing what they arguably should have done months ago and taking care of the other two.

As it stands, they could face the possibility of being extradited to Portugal if the police there make a strong enough case for them - and then where do their kids stand?

Exactly where they should be.

Guest DustyDeviada
When did Gerry McCann register on Aberdeen-Music?

My money's on Auntie Phil.

Apparently if they had been arrested the kids would have been taken into care by the Portugese authorities, by law. So it seems quite sensible to get them back to Britain where they can be looked after by their families if it hits the fan.

what kind of morbid person sits around thinking these theories up? o_O

I would guess that Police Officers, who are supposed to consider all possibilities, are working on such theories.

Some people seem to think that it is beyond the realms of possibility that you could kill someone close to you, and then portray yourself in the media as being wholly innocent.

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Well, well, well, what goes around comes around. I've thought from day 1 of this charade that Kate McCann is as guilty as a dog sitting next to a pile of shit. Amusing to see the indignant reaction of the gutter press, who stand to look like prize mugs for all the fawning they've been doing over the past few months. Mrs. Munchhausen's not looking too clever now...

And as for Philomena McCann, she should be put down. At the earliest possible opportunity. Vile.

i agree with everything you've posted sharon - there was something not quite right about the way kate McCann paraded herself around after the incident. and it was indeed strange how she came to the conclusion the child was abducted instead of merely wandering off which surely would have been the natural reaction.

it'll all come out eventually....

Guest Jake Wifebeater
it'll all come out eventually....

The sooner the better, I can't wait to see the hatchet-faced bitch vilified as the next Myra Hindley. Altogether now:

"Oooh I wish I was a Portuguese cop, with a charge sheet in my haaaaaand"

With apologies to Sandi Thom.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Can't resist these ones:

What's the difference between Madeleine McCann and jokes about her?

The jokes will grow old.

What's the difference between Madeleine McCann and a suntan?

The suntan will last as long as the holiday.

I'll stop right there.

She constantly has the look of someone who is going to snap.

To be fair though, if your child really had gone missing in a foreign country then you'd probably look like you were about to snap too...

Guest DustyDeviada
Why's it okay to kidnap and murder Madeleine McCann?

cos she's SOOOOO sexy.

I didnt want to post that. Cos it's too much.

This is the worst comment I've read on this site for a long time. I thought everyone accepted that she wasn't kidnapped?