aberdeen-music

Tonight @ Moshulu

RFR

Aye The End were mint last night. Floor tom banging and everything. Loved it. Their sound was excellent. I was more impressed when i realised both guitarists were playing (what looked like) mid-range Epiphones which from my experience don't always sound too hot.

I reckon the Oceansize show will be pretty packed with Hopesfall supporting too. Should hope so.

did you catch heavy heavy low low?

Aye, in my opinion they were one of the worst bands i've ever seen. The singer was away with the fairies and the constant gyrating by the guitar player got a tad annoying. "Banter" included "you know,i don't know." and "Scotland.That's cool."

It didn't come across as them trying to be hilarious or anything (in the same way Horse The Band considered themselves to be when they played the Tunnels ages ago), more that they really just didn't care about their performance.

Having spoken to friends who are fans of the band, they were very disappointed and expected them to be ALOT better.

The only plus was that their guitar player was wearing one of your Archives tees :up:

heavy heavy low low were awful as were fear before, i was really disappointed with fear before,thought they would have been a lot better, but THE END were stunning. New material won me over live, I fucking loved it, one of the best live performances I have ever seen. Brilliant!

Check em out if you haven't heard them, they are on relapse, and will appeal to fans of Tool, Neurosis, Mastodon etc.

i didnt think much of HHLL. there sound wasnt amazing. i liked the bass tone though. dirty as fuck. the vocalist from what i could see was caned on something. him and the 'gyrating' guitarist didnt really win me over.

fbtmof dissappointed a lot of people i think. i heard a lot of talk, they didnt deliver though. the vocals were so high in the mix too. not pleasant. i felt like a complete arse standing there with a finger in my ear.

worse than all this though; 'Bleed From Within' had a song called Let's Play God.