aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
framheim

boris johnson for mayor

Guest Steven Dedalus

I was talking about this with a friend today, and I firmly believe that Boris is an idiot. Don't get me wrong, he clearly possesses an intelligence, but the way he applies that knowledge, and the way in which he seemingly has no idea what a public official does, roots him in the 'idiot' camp.

he's an entertaining buffoon but is more suited to trashy 'celebrity' reality TV shows than politics i feel.

london happy??? never in a million years its the most miserable city in the world!!!

but i get your point dave, actually the sooner ken starts doing trashy reality tv shows the better an all!

Tory=Twat, the maths are undeniable.

I wouldn't normally quote a TV comic, but Frankie Boyle's summary of Tory policy recently was brilliant; 'It's just giving more money to all the bastards'

That is their raison d'etre, cos they are the bastards. Just because Boris seems almost like a human being does not make him any the less of an aristocratic defender of droit de'signeur, the power of the masters, and that is how he sees himself, a scion of the powerful to whom power is a right, not a privilege, and as such, the enemy of the people.

Class warfare persists, and the wrong side usually have the whip hand, literally speaking, not so long ago.

Mmm, Thats a bit old hat, the enemy of the people are the working classes, I should know Im one of them, we have constantly stabbed our fellow citizens in the back for our utopian dream, of Nice House, Big Car, Holidays, etc, Boris Johnson is not the person we should be afraid of its people like us

Not really. The Bow group has just produced a report on Livingstone's time as Mayor, and it makes a fairly convincing case for his immediate removal due to the vast amount of waste and consistent under-achievement that has marked his time in office. It's definitely worth a read, and Livingstone's vast team of "media advisers" will be hard-pressed to spin their way out of some of the conclusions the authors draw.

http://thebowgroup.org/harriercollectionitems/LondonUnderLivingstoneFINALv2.pdf

A conservative think tank considers livingstone a failure, wow, who'd have thought it?

Guest Steven Dedalus
They're not wrong though. The fact that Livingstone seems to be happier trashing his opponent rather than campaigning on his own record in office suggests that even he can see that there's not much to shout about.

Yes, but surely there'd be a genuine fear that the public would go for the funny haired buffoon over the commie?

If I were Red Ken, and I thank the lord I am not, I'd be concerned that it's all a big personality contest, and Boris presented "Have I got News for You", so he's obviously the best man for the job, innit?

Not really. The Bow group has just produced a report on Livingstone's time as Mayor, and it makes a fairly convincing case for his immediate removal due to the vast amount of waste and consistent under-achievement that has marked his time in office. It's definitely worth a read, and Livingstone's vast team of "media advisers" will be hard-pressed to spin their way out of some of the conclusions the authors draw.

http://thebowgroup.org/harriercollectionitems/LondonUnderLivingstoneFINALv2.pdf

That's not a report. Besides being terribly written, it is just as much a piece of PR as anything Livingstone could come up with.

And even after trudging painfully through all 28 pages, I still can't see how 'billions' have been wasted, or how 'misery' has been brought to 'millions of Londoners'.

By the way, I'm not a fan of Ken, but I know objectivity when I don't see it.

london happy??? never in a million years its the most miserable city in the world!!!

but i get your point dave, actually the sooner ken starts doing trashy reality tv shows the better an all!

London miserable, certainly not how most people would describe it but I imagine it has the effect of making lots of people feel miserable.

Boris will be great for London, anyone isn't Ken Livingstone will do London a favour.