Sign in to follow this  
chilli

La Vie Nouvelle

Just open @Aberdeen Art Gallery

Photography by Lise Sarfati

Slide-show featuring the stills with a musical soundtrack by Death in Vegas

Just kinda worth visting & thinking about

La Vie Nouvelle

gonna try and check it out this week, looks rather good. the last magnum exhibition we had up here was the glorious eve arnold one so this one has a lot to live upto but should be interesting if nothing else. it's good to see aberdeen art gallery putting on photography displays and getting exhibitions from magnum photographers is a pretty big deal in itself.

i went to see it today and thoroughly enjoyed it, especially the slide-show with death in vegas. the sound of the slides changing was eerily in time with the music. it was a nice effect.

however, i read through some of the comments left in the guestbook and a lot of people didn't seem to like it.

however, i read through some of the comments left in the guestbook and a lot of people didn't seem to like it.

to me thats a sign of success, the subject matter has provoked a reaction by people

visiting the exhibtion & taking time to put their view about down in writing, much better

that than walking round for 5minutes & walking out. Personally we were drawn-in by

the the wonderful poster advertising the show........... A few return visit are imminent

which provoked a comment here on abdn-music, which provoked.....

to me thats a sign of success, the subject matter has provoked a reaction by people visiting the exhibtion & taking time to put their view about down in writing,

which provoked my reply :up: