aberdeen-music

Guitar quest

Blingking

Guest DustyDeviada

Yes, I have a 2001 1954 Les Paul Reissue, normally they are goldtops, but this is a limited edition flametop model, thanks for asking.

Hammerhead_1151868391_IMG_1757.jpg

Yes, I have a 2001 1954 Les Paul Reissue, normally they are goldtops, but this is a limited edition flametop model, thanks for asking.

Hammerhead_1151868391_IMG_1757.jpg

Aye nice guitar. I know they are normally gold tops, as I have a 56 RI. I was looking for a slightly lighter guita, hence a SG Classic or something like that, a Gordon Smith for example.:up:

Guest DustyDeviada

I played one of those SG Classics in Merchant City Music, nice guitars and just so damn cool.

I was surprised how different it sounded to my 54 though, more like a Strat or a Tele. Interesting how much difference the body makes.

Guest DustyDeviada

Yeah, seemed a bit steep to me too. I wouldn't claim to be an expert, but I keep an eye on US prices mostly, and that would be $10,000.

Still, prices in Britain are always more ridiculous.

This shop in the states has a 63 Junior for $3,800, yes only one pickup but would it really be worth another three grand for one extra pickup?

Mark's Guitar Loft ~ electrics

Guest DustyDeviada
From his checking of Vintage & Rare etc. they have been going for mid to high 4K so, given his ones condition, he deems that fair.

Doubt he'd sell it however.

Anyway, all the best finding something dude! :up:

Well if he's going by Vintage and Rare prices that explains it. They are famed for charging tomorrow's prices today. For all I know you can haggle them down though.

As for the SG in question, it looks damn sweet, but does it intonate OK? The bridge looks too "straight".

From his checking of Vintage & Rare etc. they have been going for mid to high 4K so, given his ones condition, he deems that fair.

Doubt he'd sell it however.

Anyway, all the best finding something dude! :up:

I wasn't having a go about the price really. Thanks for posting the pic anyway as it's a nice guitar. I just can't justify that sort of money to bang out some 3 chord punk stuff.:up: