aberdeen-music

Volume Boost Pedals

BarelakedNadies

You said in the shop that the Tubescreamer was exactly what you were after!

I did. And it was as far as the sound goes. It sounds really good. I just didn't want to crank it up in the shop. After all this hassle though, i just decided to try it as a boost when I was playing on Friday night. And it worked better than I thought it would. I think i'll be able to get the Keeley back anyway as my friends shredmaster seems to have made a recovery.

As far as using the volume knob on my guitar, it's not very practical and it doesn't sound very good. I use it to clean up the sound at points...but that's all.

I'm just trying to avoid getting a really overdriven (metal etc.) sound. It's more of a country/blues distortion that I use - http://www.myspace.com/theriotroom.

A Friend of mine has a what is called an "afterburner" built into his volume pot. All you have to do is pull on the volume knob and it can increase the sound quite considerably, great for getting solo's to stick out.

I Believe it's EMG that make it. They have the tendancy to fuck up after long use though but beats having to carry around another pedal though.

Guest Bob Double Jack

i used to use an old tube screamer for solo boosts, and with a bit of tweaking, it did the job.

what i'm using just now is a boss ME-6, with a marshall jackhammer providing the distortion externally. I've eq'd it to get a "normal" rhythm level (set to 100 on the patch level) and set up a separate channel for lead, where the patch level is 150 - 160. As a result, I'm getting exactly the same sound, just louder.

It sounds ace too. hope this is of some help.