aberdeen-music

New singer/songwriter in Aberdeen...

Ashley Park

Hey, I'm a new singer/songwriter in Aberdeen and I wouldn't mind hearing the opinion of some of you fine people.

I used to be in within these walls (who can remember them? I can't) but now I'm going at it alone. Have a listen at (the usual) myspace page.

MySpace.com - Ashley Park - Aberdeen, UK - Acoustic - www.myspace.com/ashleypark5

I look forward to hearing from you.

x

Some of the guitar bits sound ok, but are a bit muffled in places. Musically it just sounds like an bad reflection of your influences. I think that it's possible to write emotional songs without saying and sounding it so explicitly, and I think most people with taste are beyond being touched by over-used, typical chord progressions and lyrical cliches.

• 3 weeks later...
Some of the guitar bits sound ok, but are a bit muffled in places. Musically it just sounds like an bad reflection of your influences. I think that it's possible to write emotional songs without saying and sounding it so explicitly, and I think most people with taste are beyond being touched by over-used, typical chord progressions and lyrical cliches.

Might have been that.

• 2 weeks later...

i thought you were reviewing Kharta or whatever they are called with their live at the moorings tracks.....then i realised i have two many tabs open at the same time.

actually this guys okay, jist a wee bit fucking dull....

och ah tell you what, i do like his "somewhere" its tidy.

I used to be in within these walls (who can remember them? I can't)

x

whatever happened to TAV?

was speaking to scotty about the tunes last week, i like the chord structures, nice, tuneful and have good melody throughout. The vocals are quite catchy after a few listens, although I am not a fan of the lyrics to be totally honest; they seem a bit too mushy for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I quite like your tunes, kinda folky/country, they all vary a lot, I can hear bits of Bright Eyes in one of them, bits of Ben Folds in others and bits of Elliot Smith in places. It's all really good though, I wouldn't say the guitar parts are typical or cliched, there's a lot of nice chords going on in there. Top marks from me. :up::up:.

Though what did your poor guitar to do deserve the battering it got in "Something"? Fucking hell, calm down a bit!!!!

I remember Within These Walls - am I right in saying Deadenstereo played with you at The Moorings a while back? I'm getting old mind, so I may be talking rubbish. I do remember it being a rather fine evening though.

Evidently solo meanderings are the way forward just now. I finally "got" a drum programme off the net for my home recording stuff, only to find that I can't save, copy or paste. Well, if something's worth doing...

*cough*

If you want a listen, the stuff's at MySpace.com - Jon - Leith, Edinburgh, UK - Acoustic / Alternative / Rock - www.myspace.com/jondeadenstereo

*cough*