aberdeen-music

Aecc: Foo Fighters

Kris

It's OK ticketweb were OK about it. I phoned them up and went "Awright bawbag, I went n bought 8 tickets for the Fo fighters in Glasgow by accident and I no wattin em."

Actually I phoned straight away and said I had just bought 8 tix by accident ten minutes ago and could I please please cancel it and they did it.

Though undoubtedlt they'll do something stupid like cancel my Aberdeen ones as well, or charge me for the Glasgow ones or something. These things never go smoothly.

I got well stressed when I woke up at half 11 this morning.

Fortunately, girlfriend's mum thoughtfully bought 2 tickets (probably cos she knew I'd sleep in).

Score.

Literally can't wait to see Serj Tankian. Any opinions on 'The Unthinking Majority'? (YouTube - Serj Tankian - The Unthinking Majority)

The track on the site is good. It has the classic system sound to it. Heres hoping the rest of the album is good and doesn't veer off into novelty territory like some of system's latest work.

I won't be going to any of them gigs at th AECC cause I'm not into any of them bands,

but this is a good thing for aberdeen, I'm glad to see bigger name bands coming up here, hopefully this will be an incentive for other bigger named bands to play here, cause we have the facilities to cater for a big gig. I'm fed up with bands thinking scotland ends at glasgow.

even though I don't like the foo's or my chem..they have gained respect for playing up here

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not a huge Foo's or MCR fan but think a fair bit of what they have done is pretty decent so would have went if I was in town but down the other end of the country that weekend for some proper gigging:

10/11 - Wednesday 13/Serpico - Brighton

11/11 - Heaven And Hell/Lamb Of God/Iced Earth - Brighton

12/11- Sonata Arctica/Epica - London

13/11 - 3 Inches Of Blood - London

It's my birthday that weekend so treating myself. I do give big kudos for both the above mentioned bands coming to Aberdeen though, can never be ersed getting down to glasgow and back in a one nighter and I don't get paid for time off so staying over just ramps the cost up even more.