aberdeen-music

McQueen at Moshulu

Those mighty maidens of Brighton metal are back in Aberdeen. After great sets supporting Viking Skull, Electric Eel Shock & Wednesday 13 at Moshulu they are up for their first headline gig up here. Those of you who haven't seen this 4 piece may have read their rave reviews touring with WASP, The Almighty, Tesla, Juliette & The Licks and their recent gig at Hyde Park supporting Aerosmith.

They are a bit punk, a bit metal, a bit classic rock and pretty wild live so make sure you keep Saturday 13th free.

Still not on the Moshulu website though there are also a few others booked sometime ago not on it. I thought that the site was going to be kept uptodate with bands added pretty much as soon as they confirmed? Come on Jamesy/Moshulu/Barfly folks or whoever is managing the site, add the latest bands who are booked in, particularly McQueen and Miss Conduct!

• 2 weeks later...

At last this is on the Moshulu website and they have even put a poster up. I see though that Kids In Glass Houses are listed for the same night and McQueen are doing as playing the Back Room, didn't realise Moshulu could host 2 gigs at once??? Also surprised at this gig now being listed at an 18+ especially when gigs like The Misfits are a 14+, very strange and will definately block a few younger people I know who were keen to go.

• 2 weeks later...

Hope they are going to put some proper seperation in rather just rely on the plastic strips as I can see alot of acoustic bleed from the main hall.

Still no tickets on sale yet though or even a confirmed price even though all the other dates have had tickets onsale locally and on the net for a couple of months now!

Looking like it will be just a pay on the door and looking at the other dates I would imagine entry will be about 7.

Jamesy has told me that this gig will be a 14+ and not an 18+ as originally advertised and will also be taking place on the main stage though don't know the specifics of how it will be tying up with the Kids In Glass Houses set? Also don't know what is happening regards tickets but presumably the 6.50 that is being asked for Kids will cover both.

Was ridiculous...

Had to sit through two bands who reminded me of being back at school... sitting in the common room listening to below average disturbed and distillers!!

Moshulu have to wisen up... I was there to see Kids in Glass Houses, not McQueen.... Waiting till 11pm to see the band you went for wasn't fun!

Quite a few people missed McQueen who were also meant to be headlining because of Moshulu's cock up as they arrived after they had finished there set. Being put on 2nd of a 5 band bill when they were meant to be on last is also a total pain. Ah well, pity the girls didn't do anything for you, I was a bit like that with the 3 on next including Kids In Glass Houses, thought they were all ok but very "safe" and middle of the road watered down Lost Prophets clones without the guitar oomph, made ok background music I suppose.

It was KIGH's fault anyway as they dictated the line up that night as they said they would pull the entire tour if any of their support bands were put below McQueen, talk about throwing the dummy out the pram. Barfly's fault anyway as both bands were booked for the main stage so it was meant to end up a double headline but McQueen were the only ones willing to comprimise to keep the peace.