aberdeen-music

Grim Northern Social split

Shaki

I did enjoy their album and saw them a heap of times but I'm not that surprised as they never seemed to be getting to the next level.

Ladies and Gents

How are you all? I hope you are well. This post is one of the hardest things I have had to do in quite sometime. It is both with relief and regret that I have finally decided to call it a day with The Grim Northern Social.

Ten years have passed since the idea to start a band called The Grim Northern Social came into my head. During that decade there have been many highs and just as many lows. Thank you for sharing them both with myself and the boys.

The music game is a constant struggle and I feel we have taken this band as far as we can. I no longer have the strength or the want to keep kicking down doors that always seem to close again on The GNS.

I will however keep doing music with an aim to make it my all time career as will Pete, Ross, Paul and Andy. I would also like to take the time to thank every single one of them and that includes Tommy and Liam as well. A better bunch I could never have dreamed of meeting. They were all hard working passionate men and it has been my pleasure to work with all of them. Thanks to the people who kept The Grim Northern Social machine going, Chris for doing the website and publicising the band at every turn, and the road crew for helping to make the band such a great live experience.

I would also like to give special thanks to my beautiful wife "Jo" for pushing me every single day of that journey, without her none of this would have been possible., "thank you".

To my special friend Davie Rollo, Id like to say, thank you for everything mate.

And last, but not least, thanks to every single one of you, our fans, for making us your band. If it hadn't been for your loyal support I would probably have done this a year ago. Thanks for giving us your time, your hope and most of all your faith.

We will be releasing our final single, Revolver (very apt) along with a version of "New Rage Hope Song (live @ Glastonbury 2007). This will be released as a strictly limited free download with artwork, as a special thanks to our army of loyal fans.

The single will be available as a free download, exclusively through the bands MYSPACE http://www.myspace.com/thegrimnorthernsocial for 96 hours from Tuesday 25th September at 12 noon.

I know this seems odd, but we felt that the last single should be a bit of an occasion rather than just releasing it through the normal channels.

I hope you enjoyed the good times as much as we did!

Please keep in touch with our individual myspace sites and websites to find out what new musical projects we will be working on, as we are all far from finished.

In the meantime Ill be doing European touring with Apollo 440 and Ill start recording a new album with them. After this I will be starting a new music venture for myself, so please keep in touch.

Our new web links will come on to The GNS website once they are set up.

Peace love and thanks for keeping it grim for so long

See you soon .....I Hope

Ewan GNS x