aberdeen-music

Live Moorings Tracks No Soucis

FatHand

And we're not even one of your top friends :(

I believe that we are also not on your top friends ;)

The reason for this, it appears, is that we aren't even friends!! I've sent you a request and will put you up on the "top friends" pedestal as you would like.

Really like those recordings, it's great to capture the moment. It's quite an expensive moment but worth it in my opinion. I'm pleased that there is an after service should there be any small changes to be made.

What constitutes a small change by the way?

I believe that we are also not on your top friends ;)

The reason for this, it appears, is that we aren't even friends!! I've sent you a request and will put you up on the "top friends" pedestal as you would like.

Really like those recordings, it's great to capture the moment. It's quite an expensive moment but worth it in my opinion. I'm pleased that there is an after service should there be any small changes to be made.

What constitutes a small change by the way?

Something that takes <15 mins to do hah hah... seriously though best check this with Mark!

Hard to tell from my Mac but they seem to have come out quite well. I take it you have no objection to this being inserted into the jukebox???

They have to played loud with a lot of bass!

Stick them on the jukebox. You going to want a copy of the video too? going to sync the recordings up to the film we took.

For all of the Bebo users out there I've created a Bebo as well. Seems as though there is no limit to the number of tracks you can put up plus they can be of higher quality... I did not realise this. So I've put up all of the tracks we recorded here - including the ones where I make some pretty horrible blunders but that is a live show for you!!! The shame :moody:

http://www.bebo.com/NoSoucis

I find the quality of the drums surprising - better than any recording that has taken time to set up!

Hi Colin, Small changes are level changes really, If i get in to edit mode it takes a long time to do,

Drums are not too hard if you know what your doing ;)

I'll send you a list... it's not very long though! Pretty happy with the way they sound, just a few annoying mistakes on my part and some loose ending but that's live performance for you! Recording sounds tight though :up:

This band should have called themselves "kermit la grenouille et sien cirque de musique comdie" instead of "no soucis". That MC needs a reality check because he sounds like a joke. This is so blatently hiphop made by people that have never listened to hiphop, it's an absolute travesty. I've got an almost morbid curiosity to see a translation of the lyrics because I bet they are just as awful as the music and the vocal delivery.

This band should have called themselves "kermit la grenouille et sien cirque de musique comdie" instead of "no soucis". That MC needs a reality check because he sounds like a joke. This is so blatently hiphop made by people that have never listened to hiphop, it's an absolute travesty. I've got an almost morbid curiosity to see a translation of the lyrics because I bet they are just as awful as the music and the vocal delivery.

That must be why I liked it. There's nothing worse than decent hip hop LOL ;)

So is anyone willing to say something positive about this crap band other than the 2 guys who've just made a bit of cash off these kids by pressing record and burning a cd?

btw, if you're going to pay for a live recording, you might want to do it when you've got more than 2 people in the audience.

So is anyone willing to say something positive about this crap band other than the 2 guys who've just made a bit of cash off these kids by pressing record and burning a cd?

btw, if you're going to pay for a live recording, you might want to do it when you've got more than 2 people in the audience.

Wow you have just shown your total lack of experience for live recording, If only it was as simple as pressing record and burning a cd.

If you knew the smallest little bit about it you would know there is a hell of a lot to do to get it anywhere near presentable, first all of the bleed from the PA/Monitors, then you have the whole aspect of getting the blend of EQ to compliment the Room PA,

Maybe come back when you have actually done anything worth looking at yourself and then we will pick it apart,

As for making a bit of cash, Do you expect me to work for free in my own time?? Im sure you wouldn't!! It takes a fair amount of time to do a live mix.

If you knew the smallest little bit about it you would know there is a hell of a lot to do to get it anywhere near presentable, first all of the bleed from the PA/Monitors, then you have the whole aspect of getting the blend of EQ to compliment the Room PA,

Yeah must be a nightmare tweaking the level and EQ on the desk in the same room you've been working in for months or years, pure backbreaking work, probably takes at least a year in college to learn those hardcore skillz. Good job we can all listen to it at a shitty bitrate on myspace in order to hear just how amazing the sound is.

Anyway, I was just pointing out that the only people posting in this thread is you and flash, who obviously have a vested interest, no need to take offence.

Yeah must be a nightmare tweaking the level and EQ on the desk in the same room you've been working in for months or years, pure backbreaking work, probably takes at least a year in college to learn those hardcore skillz. Good job we can all listen to it at a shitty bitrate on myspace in order to hear just how amazing the sound is.

Anyway, I was just pointing out that the only people posting in this thread is you and flash, who obviously have a vested interest, no need to take offence.

No Offence taken,

You cant treat every recording the same, so every mix is different. It doesn't matter if you have base settings etc they will still need to be changed, A year in collage wont really help but 10 years in a pro studio will ;)

I think you've now established that you don't like our band in every way you know how. Objective achieved it seems. I dont understand the motivation behind your disgust but much of it is probably mostly due to my reaction I expect. I am proud of this project and defence of its validity shouldnt be confused for getting upset or not being able to take criticism. Ive got a feeling that any reply I make you will find something to pick at.

Now I'll explain why we got a live recording (incidentally, there were more than 2 people there ;)).

From the start of this project we always had a time limit. The objectives, from the band perspective, were to produce music that we enjoyed playing in order to perform it and ultimately record. The reason for the time frame was due to Hugo effectively being on an extended holiday here. 6 months, it turns out, is a pretty tough deadline to achieve all of that (this included the time it took to assembling the band). But, as you are aware having followed our progress with morbid fascination, we did it. By the time we reached the Moorings, our final gig, we were playing very tight and had enough well rehearsed material to record the set (completing our final task). Had we not done this we would have no record of what we accomplished or any way of truly hearing where we could improve.

I dont think you are really in a position to tell me when a good time to record a live set is remind me again which bands you play in or have played in?

There are still many parts to this project on the go. We are writing new tunes, having to develop them in different ways due to the distance from our MC - getting ready to put a show on in November in the Tunnels. I dont think any of this interests you though as you view it as pretentious and pointless according to previous responses. It would be refreshing if you could have a constructive conversation but that is entirely your prerogative.

Thanks for taking a look at the tunes though

And I don't where the idea that they burned a CD just to rip off a bunch of penniless kids are from. After all they've got everything, warts and all on-line for anyone to listen to for free.

Sometimes a live recording serves a similar purpose to a photographic record, an audio snapshot of an enjoyable moment in someone's life.

No Offence taken,

You cant treat every recording the same, so every mix is different. It doesn't matter if you have base settings etc they will still need to be changed, A year in collage wont really help but 10 years in a pro studio will ;)

totally true, i was down in a studio in London the other day doing some freelance work and none of the stuff i picked up in collage had any bearing on the work i was doing. its a landing curve.

And I don't where the idea that they burned a CD just to rip off a bunch of penniless kids are from. After all they've got everything, warts and all on-line for anyone to listen to for free.

Sometimes a live recording serves a similar purpose to a photographic record, an audio snapshot of an enjoyable moment in someone's life.

exept you smeared jam on the lense.

get a duster.

What work were you doing exactly?

p.s are you a fan of no soucis?

i have no opinion on "no soucis", i didn't even listen to it- i just made a judgement call. everything posted recording wise on here related to MTA and moorings pirate is average. i didn't even listen to it.

ya.

work:

ihave no formal qualifications. i read a lot. i have spent the last ten years or so recording stuff- first on four track, then 8 and a bit on digital. i like music, i like sounds, i learn if i need to but i keep my ears alert. i was down in London manning the desk and setting up mic's for my friend who was recording stuff with his band( really only as a set of ears and as a holiday then later totally in charge, v. nerve racking) , i enjoyed it and it sounded really good- i was really surprised how much i knew, particularly compared to the studio engineer who threw a hissy fit because he had a degree and the band liked what i did over him!

ach it was great fun, i made no money but i have a cdr that i can really say i "produced" or engineered... and had a great couple of nights on the piss in camden!

i'm really considering trying to do it again!

hur. i suppose it was "work", i spent the money on hiring a set of good mic's though...ach well. and on lager- i hate being reffered to as scotch by fucking cockney fuckwits...

i have no opinion on "no soucis", i didn't even listen to it- i just made a judgement call. everything posted recording wise on here related to MTA and moorings pirate is average. i didn't even listen to it.

ya.

work:

ihave no formal qualifications. i read a lot. i have spent the last ten years or so recording stuff- first on four track, then 8 and a bit on digital. i like music, i like sounds, i learn if i need to but i keep my ears alert. i was down in London manning the desk and setting up mic's for my friend who was recording stuff with his band( really only as a set of ears and as a holiday then later totally in charge, v. nerve racking) , i enjoyed it and it sounded really good- i was really surprised how much i knew, particularly compared to the studio engineer who threw a hissy fit because he had a degree and the band liked what i did over him!

ach it was great fun, i made no money but i have a cdr that i can really say i "produced" or engineered... and had a great couple of nights on the piss in camden!

i'm really considering trying to do it again!

hur. i suppose it was "work", i spent the money on hiring a set of good mic's though...ach well. and on lager- i hate being reffered to as scotch by fucking cockney fuckwits...

Glad you made the edit ;)